Spare Tire size in 1970 Dart?

-

Dartpco70

Reaction score
I recently got a 70's Dart, have a large bolt pattern 14" Ralley Wheel I want to mount on a tire for the spare.

Any suggestions what size fits in the spare well?

Thanks

Um, small ;->

I have a P195-14 on a 4.5" wide steelie, and it lifts the floor board almost 1 inch. It's also about as big in diameter as will fit. So, a P185-14 or a 185/70-14 might be close to fitting under a flat floor, but it's almost certainly going to be smaller in diameter than what you're running on the road wheels. A 175 will definitely fit flat, but will be way dinky in diameter. Really, I don't know if they ever made a tire that perfectly filled out the well.

I wish some aftermarket outfit would sell a replacement trunk floor with a deeper well and a matching fuel tank...

Thanks, I have only had the Dart since the end of Feb and traded out the steele for a period correct Ralley, just want a spare for emergencies and fit in the well. OR I could always mount the spare as the 73 Challenger does over the axle under the window?
Menlo Park - Thanks I spent a couple years there at Menlo School of Business years ago. Small world. Thanks Dartpco70

-
Back