Spare Tire

-

coalman

Reaction score
Any suggestions on a modern tire that fits flush in the tire well??? Thanks

I went with the late 90's 16 inch BBP Lincoln/CrownVic mini-spare (T145/80D16) for my 73 Duster. I had the front converted to modern disc brakes and the rear went with 15 inch adapters. It fit pretty nicely and I also got a Lincoln carpeted cover to go under the vinyl trunk liner. Search in the tires/wheels forum. There have been several threads.

Dennis

Big bolt pattern I assume?

I use a 17" spare from a '07/08 Infiniti G35. Fits in the well, it's not perfectly flush with the floor but it's pretty close. It clears my 13" rotors in the front too, which is why I had to use a 17" spare. I think it has a 145/80/17 on it (~26" tall). All I did was a little dremel work on the hub bore, it was a couple mm's too small. Nothing major though, especially for a spare.

IMG_1824_zpsawvplxuf.jpg

IMG_1822_zpsojer7eso.jpg

There's a couple other options mentioned in this thread if you don't need a 17 incher...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=315956&highlight=spare+tire

Got this one from a 88 Dodge Diplomat at the pic-a-part. Big Bolt,Disc Brakes.

Attachments

• IMG_1172.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1173.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1174.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 139
Actually it is the 4 inch... Thanks

With a 5x4" pattern there's not going to be any modern rims you can use. For tires you just have to keep it under 26" tall and no wider than a 145.

I use the well to store cleaning supplies. - I'll probably pay for that, some time.

''I use the well to store cleaning supplies.''
Good spot, just do not have a flat and be by yourself. I have a spare but no jack, so I'm no better off.

-
Back