Spark plug and wire help for newbie

-

Badfish1

Reaction score
Hello was wondering what would be the best spark plugs and wires to put on a 318. going in my 67 Barracuda. Is there anything else I should know or just install back simple as that. Thanks for the newbie help. Also is there a certain size spark plug or just take one in to the parts store? Thanks again.

The BEST ?? Not necessarily recommend. Summit has good wires and plenty of colors at a reasonable price.

Its never a bad idea to take the part your looking to replace with you to an auto parts store. and that goes for spark plugs too. and bring your old parts back from the store cause you never know how it might go. plug wires,dont get the cheapies or the most expensive. and think carefully if your up to assembeling a universal set. wharever you decide,take your time,do one wire at a time and keep everything clean. real clean. my first set of wires took like 3-4 hours to install.

being new at this game for sure take your spark plugs in and get the same or equivalent
for wires just get standard auto parts store replacements..they'll work fine.

why assume the plugs in there now are correct? check side of block for year of engine. look up plugs for that year-champion n12yc is a good starting point, or a 65 autolite. Autolite wires are good, Moroso, msd for 318-340-360 premade

is the 318 original to the cuda?

at some point I believe they changed from female posts on the distributor to male posts, and the plugs do not interchange
so bring your old ones in

(if you do have male plugs you might be able to get an affordable set from a mid 90s Dakota)

You can look on ebay and find some NOS NAPA Beldin wires and those were made in USA and are good quality.

Any good name brand copper core plug will work fine. No need for anything fancy like platinum.

-
Back