Spark Plug Carnage

-

slimjim

Reaction score
Well I found out that the last owners of my newly acquired 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 didn’t believe in changing out their spark plugs. One of the plugs decided to go AWOL the other day. What do you think this 360 magnum is dealing with right now? Not too fond of non-foulers.

Whoops. Did engine damage occur? You are extremely fortunate if not.

Still plenty of miles left on those plugs.
That’s why their are 8plugs - back ups!
Sorry you are dealing with this.
Syleng1

Oil could be an intake gasket... Those are kinda known for intake/plenum gasket problems..

The anti fouler points to it having the oil usage before the plug drama..

It’s burning oil and detonating. Melted the ground strap. You won’t find damage other than to the plug. Could be a couple of things on a magnum,
1. Plenum gasket. Will effect all cylinders
2. Valve seals. Could effect just one or multiple cylinders.
3. Valve guides. Same as 2.
4. Intake gaskets. Same as 2

What did the rest of the plugs look like?

I've seen these things melt the Piston top off near the ring land from the plenum blowing out while continuous driving it. Chances are that it or they would all be showing signs of trouble.
The camera idea is the best one yet besides a simple compression test to judge its consistancy across the bank.
These do a few things... injector o rings, injector circuit voltage too high ,plenum blow out eating oil and pinging, burning the exh seat from a crack...more heat slow burn right out the port... idle air valve goes to **** and they vac leak 'lean dance' the o2's..and accelerate cat failure. Few more things if I can remember I'll post them up later. Just things pertaining to this issue.

You guys should actually watch the video he posted.
Jmo I think creators are getting carried away with posting their videos here for views. He could simply tell us the symptoms and what's going on without us having to click to a second site to watch a video ...that's more of a production. Maybe I'm off and if so..sorry I guess? Speaking for myself, if im somewhere I cant use the volume to listen.. it's useless in aiding help.

Good luck.

I get it, I hate clickbait **** also. But at least it’s car content. He does answer some of the questions posted and sticks a camera down the hole.

Jmo I think creators are getting carried away with posting their videos here for views. He could simply tell us the symptoms and what's going on without us having to click to a second site to watch a video ...that's more of a production. Maybe I'm off and if so..sorry I guess? Speaking for myself, if im somewhere I cant use the volume to listen.. it's useless in aiding help.

Good luck.
It’s a lot easier to film the entire process, upload it in 1 location, then share it. As you can imagine, it would be a TON of typing. I use my phone primarily and haven’t had a laptop in years. Thumb can’t work that fast lol. It looks like I got lucky with this plug. I can even hear the electrode rattling in front of the catalytic converter.

-
Back