Spark Plug Gap Factory or MSD

-

chuckstirrr

Reaction score
I set my spark plug (GAP) to factory sittings and installed them in my car, a couple of weeks later , I sat down and was reading the MSD instructions (6AL box) upon reading it, it said to (GAP) the plugs at 060 . I was wondering if anybody has found any power gains from a certain gap. thanks for any help

Been running msd systems for years..gap them at .040.....

Not doubting you stroked 340 but MSD engineered the system. Compression ratios, cylinder pressures, spark plug heat range? I doubt if one size fits all. Just a thought. Anyone else?

I run mine at .045. I`ve tried everything from .035 to .055 and that`s what the car seems to like the most. Experiment with what you`ve got and see what works best for you.

Not doubting you stroked 340 but MSD engineered the system. Compression ratios, cylinder pressures, spark plug heat range? I doubt if one size fits all. Just a thought. Anyone else?

My thoughts are they might have engineered the system but they didn't engineer the engines out there to work the same with the gap.

I had a MSD system on my 93 Dakota and tried different gaps and it worked best at .045". I have a Mallory system on my Cuda now and it likes .040"

And to the original poster the gains from wider gapping were minimal but were there nevertheless. With the Dakota I noticed it idled better mostly. Didn't really see much power gain.

True,i'm speaking from personal use..tried other gap widths car runs best at .040..:-D:-D

-
Back