Spark plug?

-

partsman1965

Reaction score
I need input on recommended spark plug for my 340. I'm running forged flat tops with J heads with 2.02 intakes. 484 lift MP purple shaft hydraulic cam with Torker 340 intake and Holley Street Avenger 780 CFM vacuum secondaries. Header and 2 1/2 exhaust through flow masters.
Chrome box ignition,stock dizzy and Mallory coil. Any info would be great.

Whoa, we need more info, forged flattops is not enough info. compression ratio or deck height? 1968-71 340 was 10:1 and chrysler used n9y, 1972-3 was 8:1 and used n12y

zero/flush deck height. felpro head gaskets. so estimated CR is about 9.5 - 10.0? It has rn11yc in it now which were in it when I got it. Ran great with prior cam which was .454 lift. Now with .484 cam it seems to run rich with no carb adjustments made.

you are around 9.7:1, and I don't have a radio so I run non resistor plugs, = n11yc or 54 autolite. bigger cam=less vacuum=lower power valve, may be why it is rich

The 12 series Champions are a perfect starting point.

Aren't Champion spark plugs made in China now?
NGK GR5 is what I used because I thought that was the case...

I like ngk. The last set of champions I bought were horrible. The center electrode wasn't even close to center on 3 of them. Lined up about half way off center with the ground strap so no more for me. I have used autolite also with good results.

-
Back