spark plugs for 318

-

dustdevil

Reaction score
hey guys should you use stock spark plugs for a 318 with a 4bbl carb, dual exhaust, electronic distributor, msd wires and blaster coil?...engine has no cam..its stock.

If you want instant starts, good idle and response, try Champion N11Y's gapped at .036" with initial timing 7 degrees BTDC with the distributor vacuum line plugged. Haven't seen a 318 yet that didn't like those settings. Champions came OE and I haven't found anything better for these engines yet.

just did all that to my 318 i have dual exhaust 4bbl and elec ign

used champions all works well

ngks are cheaper and are cold rolled around the insulator and may be a better plug ,believe it or not.

ngks are cheaper and are cold rolled around the insulator and may be a better plug ,believe it or not.

And chances are they are made right here in West by God. There is a huge NGK plant about 20 miles from here. Still like Champions.

Autolites..i would'nt buy champions is they were the only plug available..

I have a 340 in my Dart and I just got a set of Champions from Advantage Auto, they are RN12YC, did I get the wrong plugs? I gapped them but haven't put them in yet so it might not be too late to return them if they are wrong. Let me know.

Thanks

I almost forgot they are:
MADE IN MEXICO
HECHO EN MEJICO
FABRIQUE AU MEXIQUE

DSC04043.JPG

I use Champions.

Just don't use those E3 "diamond fire" plugs they come in a green box. They are total crap. I ran a set in my 360 for 2 weeks and at first they kicked *** but a few days later my tach was bounceing at idle and it felt like I had 2 dead cylinders. I swapped a set of used Champions I had on the shelf and it ran fine. I took them back to the store and they gave me back my money (all 50 bucks) after I told them what happened. The kid at the counter got all excited and said that he put a set in his slant six duster and was having the same issues and was trying to figure out what the problem was.

If you want instant starts, good idle and response, try Champion N11Y's gapped at .036" with initial timing 7 degrees BTDC with the distributor vacuum line plugged. Haven't seen a 318 yet that didn't like those settings. Champions came OE and I haven't found anything better for these engines yet.

Thought id try these N11YC's gapped at .036 on my beefed up 318........... dayummmmm throttle response performance was a huge difference then the RN12YC's kinda surprised the hell outa me Kinda hard to find them at your local auto parts store without ordering them though im lucky NAPA had a set or it was a 1 day wait (no big deal but i hate waiting) like to thank the above poster for the spark plug tip!! my car likes these colder plugs!! you sold me on these N11YC's now theres no going back!!

-
Back