Spark plugs

-

hardcore5657

Reaction score
I just got my La 360 block with my magnum head setup back from my engine guy. What spark plugs should I use in it? Is there really that much of a difference between $3 plugs and $6 plugs? What do you guys recommend?

yup about 3 bucks. lol your engine guy should know what plugs you need if he knows the particulars of your engine. too many variables. if not sure stick with mother mopars factory plugs. when the car is up and running and you give it a real good run you can read the plugs. they will tell u alot. good luck.

ditto on paulscar recomended suggestions but the brand i run are the ngks, my machinest and dyno guy recommened them.

I run Autolites in my stuff, Autolite Platinums in the stuff that is hard to tune up (like my small block D50) or the stuff that sees very little mileage.

I tried various other plugs in my old D50, back when it had a 2.6L 4-banger. NGK Iridiums (crappiest plug I ever seen, had a 500 mile lifespan), regular NGK's (the factory recommended plug number. had about a 1,500 mile lifespan and gas mileage dropped about 7mpg)

The only plug that ever ran good in that 2.6L was an Autolite Platinum.

-
Back