Spark plugs

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
hey guys, new to the slant six engines,
I just picked up a 1969 d100 with the 225 slant 6. I'm giving it a little tuneup and the guy at the parts store said it takes the autolite 65 spark plugs, the motor currently has autolite 24s. So something doesn't jive.
What plugs should this thing have? Thanks

IMG_0044.JPG

No plug tubes = '75-up head, so the original spark plug recommendations don't apply. Use NGK type UR5 plugs, their stock № 2771. (You can use the equivalent in other brands, but Autolite is now Chinese garbage, and Champions are likewise junk). No need to spend big money on gimmicky "magic" spark plugs of any brand.

Other than that, tune-up parts and technique suggestions are in this thread. And Carburetor operation and repair manuals and links to training movies and carb repair/modification threads are posted here for free download.

Thanks a lot dan!

I'm not much on no autolite ford plug so this is more good news lol

It's a shame what selecting a spark plug has gotten to, so few quality choices w/o going to "racing/specialty" type units.....sad. In the brand I'm working for, We've been
experiencing pattern failures in the current "downsized" plug designs, ceramic insulators cracking near the plug body & sliding down the electrode, and fractured electrodes
sliding down & resting on the ground, ND is the OE on all of ours I believe.

Yea I always used champion but the last time I used them they wanted to foul up, switched to Ngk and bam, works great!

-
Back