spary can rebuild ..good paint?

-

USAJon

Maryland U.S.A.
Reaction score
so I am cleaning up the block to spary can it. Anyone recommend a good can o'spray paint. thanks!

Ya, I just recently got the mopar paint and it TOTALLY SUCKS!!!!! I'm a painter and I know what I'm doing. That crap is thin and worthless. I actually put about 6 coats on and it still looked like crap. I went and got some Dupli-color and it took 2 coats and it looks totally awesome.

I used VHT Hemi Orange engine enamel on my 360. ITs been holding up well since 05 and 25k miles.

Just painted mine a few days ago, I'm surprised it came out as good as it did. The shop cleaned it up pretty nice, primed it with hi temp duplicolor and then the duplicolor hemi orange. Took about an hour total with waiting in between coats. Pics are a little on the dark side btw, bad lighting

mailgooglecom5.jpg

mailgooglecom3.jpg

l_5213fc9a29d04aeea5738e225a055b1f.jpg

Duplicolor is all I use in my shop. I used to use Mopar performance paint, but I don't like the fact that it takes 8 to 10 coats for complete coverage, and because it is so thin, touch ups are very difficult.

duplicolor hi temp paint works really good the key i was told was to use hightemp primer also to clean and degrease and then clean and degrease it one more time, because a paint job is only as good as what it covers up

I agree don't waste your money on Mopar's crappy paint. I did that the last time on my engine and it took 7-8 coats to get it coated good and it runs super easy. I ran short on it (probably cause I had to do so many coats to get it looking good) and bought a can of Dupli-color at NAPA and it only took 2 coats to do the oil pan. Much better and didn't run nearly as easy.

I bought some Por-15 engine paint ,haven't used it yet but their Por-15 works well.And you brush it on and it supposed to be a one coat deal.

This is POR15. I put it on with foam brushes. It worked well an was hard as a rock.

IM000318.jpg

-
Back