Speaker Ideas for Barracuda Conv.

-

67ragtop

Reaction score
Just wanted to get some ideas on what you guys did for speakers. I don't want to cut into the door panels etc. Any suggestions or pics would be greatly appreciated.

Just an idea for ya......
In the rear of my Dart (I know you don't have a package tray) I installed a set of 6X9's. For the front I simply wedged a set of 4X6's between the bottom of the front seat and the carpet. I hooked it all up to a stock Mopar am/fm/cassette radio from a 92 pickup. Sounds pretty nice to me, and ya can't see the speakers.
Something to ponder for ya.

George

6X9s in the rear for me. 6s in the kick panels that some one else cut. You can get two 3" speakers in the dash were the factory speaker is too.

I've got a '67 Cuda convertible that I was planning on installing a nice subwoofer in the trunk, and then some smaller speakers probably under the seats in front and then a couple more under the dash. I know there's not much space, but I'm sure nowadays there are a lot of speaker options, size-wise.

Also, remember that with the top either up or down, you're going to get a lot of sound coming out from behind the back seat.....(bass, that is..) if you've got a nice speaker box in the trunk, of course, out of the way of the convertible top assy going up and down. The speakers will need to have their own boxes, to produce a decent bass sound.

-
Back