speakers for a 'cuda(early A BODY)

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Aloha! I thought I saw someone ask what people did for speakers in their early a bodies....this was done by the PO. but it works well. I can easily remove them. one screw into the trunk divider...removed you cant see the hole because of the carpet....wire run under the carpet tracks.

Pioneer TS-X150

Speakers small.JPG

Aloha Mike

Speakers small.JPG

now all you need to do is with that blank spot in the middle of the speakers put 2 12'' subs right right and then you got sum sound quality =)

Here's what I did in my '65 Barracuda. They are 6x9 enclosures from Wal Mart. They fit in that low spot like they were custom made. If I need to hide them , I just lower the partition (bulkhead?) and put them in the trunk.

005.jpg

I have a 65 Cuda and I've decided that I'm not even going to put the back seat back in. Some form of speakers will go back there. My car will end up being a 2 seater by the time I get it on the road. The back seat is pretty much useless anyways unless you have little kids. Mine are both off to college this year so they ain't getting no rides in it before I'm done anyways. The wife probably won't want to ride in it either and that's OK by me. I'm building this car for me and nobody else. ;)

I have the rear fenderwells cut out of the Barracuda right now so it's not installed, but after I get done backhalfing it, I'm installing one of these. I have the old model 7701 which I used to have in my 65 Barracuda that I owned 20 years ago and my wife has a 7702 that's used to be in her 74 Dart Sport. I'll end up using one of them.

h113KSC7702.jpg

The trunk divider makes the perfect foundation for a killer sound system in a fastback, but who wants to cut one up? I like what the PO did with yours. I`ve thought of removing the original panel in my Barracuda and making a replacement with just what I want in it but for now I`ve settled for MDF boxes for my 6 x 9`s as many of others have. I`ve got 4 x 6`s in the kick panels and a small Alpine powered sub under the passenger seat. It sounds pretty good but no where near what it could be with a custom set up.

DSCN0262.jpg

I had a set of RadioShack speakers that looked almost exactly like the OP's setup, except mounted horizontally instead of vertically. Sounded great.

-
Back