Special green paint for 72 Duster

-
My grand mother bought one of these new when she was 85 drove it till she was 91. Then my Dad had it 6 yrs or so then me. I actually learned to drive in it on my last vacation with my Dad going to Colorado and back for a month. It was 6 cyl 3 speed on the floor, no radio or air no power anything. Dad always said if you can drive and park a 3 speed w/o power steering in the Rockies you can drive anything. I had it until the mid 90's then sold to a mopar guy as a project for his sons first car. Grandma was told 800 made. The hoods scoops did come on it, mine had a shamrock on the glove box door and I think on each door by the Duster name plate.

I worked at two Mopar dealers from '68 until '72. I saw two or three dealer specials be offered during that time.

Sometimes a large dealer would have a "special edition" made . Often it was a regional dealer group who would design a package and have Mother Mopar build it. Many of these we're actually done but American Sunroof Co in Detroit...they did all the convertible Mustangs for Ford from '79 until '83. Mopar did the paint and ASC did the trim.

-
Back