Status
Not open for further replies.

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Contact seller
Hi everybody,

I am looking for some specific fender hardware. Namely a bunch of different thickness shim washers for the bottom of the fenders, and at the cowl where they attach to the body. I also need 8 of the fender mount studs that go in these areas along with the sems nuts, and CIP nuts. I have some of this hardware, but have 2 cars to assemble, and unfortunately one of them I purchased without a front clip so I have none of this hardware. I do however have the fender top and fender to rad support hardware and CIP nuts.

Thanks
Matt

Yea I noticed that on the fender mount bolt kits that are available, they don’t come with those large diameter thick washers that mount on the cowl with the through stud...I need some of those as well...

The U shaped shims? What do a sems nut and a CIP nut look like

OK, I pulled 2 fenders of my 65 and I have a bucket I dropped the small parts into. I will look in the morning and let you know.

Thanks some of the washers are thick, some are thin, I guess to get the right swimming. They are about 1.5" diameter with a hole a little larger than the bolt tor stud that goes thru them

Pic of what I am searching for

20190923_064146.jpg

washers are 1-5/16" and in two thicknesses.
the 1-1/2" are only one thickness with larger center hole, at least in my stash. Not sure from what but they were in the box with all the singe and double shims.

100_4098.jpg

The threaded clips shown above are for the top of the fender. The studs are the same top and bottom. The shim? there are two different thicknesses. Here are pictures of the bottom fender threaded clips stud nut and two different thickness shims I have all the hardware. My parts are ready to use . Thread the nuts on with your fingers. Notice the correct threaded clips for the bottom two per side . I also have several cars going together. I never sell these. They are getting hard to replace and I use them on cars when I do front clips and theirs break.

The tops pictured above are available at any auto body supply store or on line in sets. The bottoms I have not seen anywhere. Usually when the stud breaks they are almost impossible to get off. My son can tig weld them out with luck. I have a drawer where I threw them in over the years.

The larger diameter is a washer that is the first one down on the top cowl tab under fender stud even if you are not using a shim .

It prevents the nut fastened in the fender from pulling down and breaking free. If you mount the fender without these you take a chance on pulling the nut through the larger hole tab on the side of the cowl. this makes it hard to position. The fender will want to keep going to the same place The smaller diameter are shims to lift the fender on the top or move it out on the bottom. Using the fender clips on the bottom you chance breaking them with torque. The fender clips and nuts are $19.00 for 50 pieces on line.

Chrysler Dodge Plymouth inner fender bolts panel U nuts 5/16 x 1-1/16long 50pcs | eBay

Just some info for you all. fender nuts and bolts are all the same . Studs are the same top and bottom. there is one style washer sometimes they just add two instead of the shims. There are two thickness shims.

The bottom threaded clips are special for the bottom only. It is not advisable to use the fender clips for the bottom.

I will sell what you need for the car you are working on. I need a list and location for shipping . I will not sell a supply for future builds. One car at a time. We have builds coming in mine and others. Make me a reasonable offer for what you want , Shipping in a flat rate box is $7.80. Here is the bottom of the fender hardware. The only item that is different is the clip.

DSCN1738.JPG

DSCN1739.JPG

DSCN1740.JPG

DSCN1741.JPG

DSCN1010.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back