Spedometer cable

-

halifaxhops

It's going to get stupid around here!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Where can I find a spedo cable for a 74 Dart with the big 1" nut on the trans? All I can find are the round screw on ends that are way to small.
Thanks

Imperial Services stopped taking special orders from individuals, but I think that they are still supplying the vendors. Maybe you can order one through a vendor if you can't find one anywhere else..

Looked on summit and could not find it any chance you have a part number?

I ordered the column shift conversion for the '65 cable shift tranny to the '66 and newer tranny. I ordered it from Imperial Services, and it took months to get it. After about 6 weeks I called them, after another 6 weeks I emailed them, finally, after about 5 months I called the BBB on them, and finally got my cable..... 6 months!! 200.00 dollar cable. If you order from Imperial Services, better not be in a hurry..

I found a mopar speedo cable through ebay. These cables are nice repops. I believe it has the same type of hex style nut just like factory cable. I replaced it on my Dodge Dart Sport. So far flawless!

I bought a aftermarket one and it was way to long. I believe like 80" the stock cable is around 67". I ended up returning it.

I bought a original from a member on here. I wouldnt waste my money on anything else.

The one I ordered on ebay was exactly the same length and physically as correct as original. It went in perfect. Not long at all!

Zxk14,
Thanks for the part # right on time. The plastic fitting on mine turned to powder when I went to hook it up to the speedo

I believe all '69 (?) up will use that cable I listed regardless if 904 or 727. That is the plastic clip at the cluster, and even though its round it is the size of the large nut. Not sure of the years, but i believe '67 or '68 prior they used the screw on speedo and maybe '65 (?) had a differrent size on the trans. Anyone know for sure?, might help others finding this thread. Other than OEM, I have not seen one with the plastic clip AND the hex nut. And most of those available are longer ones (80"+) - original was 63".

Result 1 of 1
In-Store Pickup Location Select
View Compare
View By Individual Parts
View By Product Groups

ATP Y-804 - ATP Speedometer Cables

Click here for more information about ATP Y-804 - ATP Speedometer Cables
Compare
Speedometer Cable, OE-Fit Replacement, Black, Plastic Jacket, Each

(4)

Part Number: ATP-Y804 More Detail...

Estimated Ship Date: Today

$10.97

Click here to add ATP-Y804 to your shopping cart. Click here to add ATP-Y804 to your shopping wishlist.
Multiple Images
View Compare

Lot more $ for the nice nut. Not sure about the 61", i thought original was 63 and mine just made it with no noticeable slack. Guess it depends where you measure.
One advantage of that is it comes with the grommet on. NAPA does Not. If old one is OK you can warm it in hot water, to make it a little more workable. I tore the center of mine some and put a dab of neoprene caulk in it to seal.

Result 1 of 1
In-Store Pickup Location Select
View Compare
View By Individual Parts
View By Product Groups

ATP Y-804 - ATP Speedometer Cables

Click here for more information about ATP Y-804 - ATP Speedometer Cables
Compare
Speedometer Cable, OE-Fit Replacement, Black, Plastic Jacket, Each

(4)

Part Number: ATP-Y804 More Detail...

Estimated Ship Date: Today

$10.97

Click here to add ATP-Y804 to your shopping cart. Click here to add ATP-Y804 to your shopping wishlist.
Multiple Images
View Compare[/QUO

Thanks but I need the plastic end for the spedo.

-
Back