Speed is $...

-
You should 100% verify the tune. Do you let the EFI control timing? Most times I see this on the forum and people end up regretting doing that. Do you know what kind of timing curve it has? That would be the first thing I would check.
Thank you. I will definitely start there. I have not installed the EFI yet as it was a present from my wife and Im not sure with electrical things. I will not let it control timing if you have heard of regrets doing so. I have no idea regarding the curve but will work on figuring it out. Thanks for your time.

Usually a complete ignition tune and dialing in the carburetor along with a good dual exhaust system, stall converter and a set of gears is all that's needed for street fun. If one has the funds a dyno tune will get awesome results. Also building the engine by pure stock drag racing rules can produce great results.
Thanks. That sounds like what I'm looking for. Just some fun, nothing too serious.

Very true. In the late '70s my bone stock 340/4spd./3.23 GTS was running 14.30s, dipped to 14.27 once- only mod was a recurved distributor, the AVS off of a 440, and F60 Firestones in back (and I hate to admit it, a pair of slapper bars). Later additions of Cyclone headers, LD340, Holley 780 and a set of 3.91s put me at 13.30s. Still with stock cam.
But don't take my word for it.
1967-1969 Dodge Dart GTS
View attachment 1716097384

Thanks for your time. That sounds like a good goal.

Dont happen very often but maybe twice in this thread.A slipping sprag in the converter,will turn a tork multiplyer into a fluid coupling.What appears to be stall speed,is not making any tork it’s just beating the oil to death.It can be hard for a layman to diagnose. A decent tranny guy will pick it up easily .If your tune checks out it may be worth your time to have it checked out.
I had the 727 rebuilt about 200 miles ago with a stall converter. Now if the tranny is cold it slips in reverse but no problem going forward. I no longer live near the tranny shop for a revisit but I will look for a good local shop. Thanks.

read all the stuff here:
EFISystemPro.com
Sniper EFI - Holley Performance Products Forums

An EFI can not cure any mechanical problems of an engine! You will need a laptop for tuning. First install with the hand held is ok. The sniper is well known for EMI, so be carefull during installation, take your time and follow the tips. There is a well known remote tuner in the Holley forum.
Good luck
Marco

I had the 727 rebuilt about 200 miles ago with a stall converter. Now if the tranny is cold it slips in reverse but no problem going forward. I no longer live near the tranny shop for a revisit but I will look for a good local shop. Thanks.
Are you sure the tranny is not slipping going forward?

-
Back