Speedmaster parts?

-

VonCramp

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried Speedmaster parts? I am looking at different alluminum heads for my car. What do y'all think? My 340 is .040 over with X heads. I can also trade my 340 for a complete 383 which is what my Barracuda originally had.

I have a set of bare heads I'm cleaning up now and getting built here soon. They are Pro Comp heads. Buy them bare, clean up the ports, bowls, and have a local trusted shop install quality hardware.

Does anyone know why in the world they are pushing a 950 cfm carb with the small block package? Makes no sense. I was hoping someone has tried the complete heads. I am curious to see how they perform and if they are better than stock x-heads.

The link Oliver attached has someone who bought assembled, there are also some flow numbers.

Honestly, looking over my castings, there is some cleanup that should be done on the ports and where they cut the seat in. This advise goes for any mass manufactured head be it Edelbrock, Indy, Etc. By them bare and have them done right for your combination.

The link Oliver attached has someone who bought assembled, there are also some flow numbers.

Honestly, looking over my castings, there is some cleanup that should be done on the ports and where they cut the seat in. This advise goes for any mass manufactured head be it Edelbrock, Indy, Etc. By them bare and have them done right for your combination.
I agree with the cleanup. However, my motor isn't wild by any means. 72 model 340 .040 over with Crane 509" cam and stock X heads. Performer intake with Demon 750 carb and Hooker 1 7/8" headers. If the entire package isn't good for me, then what intake and carb would you recomend for me? I will be running 3:91 gears in the back.

I agree with the cleanup. However, my motor isn't wild by any means. 72 model 340 .040 over with Crane 509" cam and stock X heads. Performer intake with Demon 750 carb and Hooker 1 7/8" headers. If the entire package isn't good for me, then what intake and carb would you recomend for me? I will be running 3:91 gears in the back.

Your combination sounds good to me. Should be fast with a good ignition and tuning.

Your combination sounds good to me. Should be fast with a good ignition and tuning.
I want more though. What else can I do performance wise to make her a 12 second ride. Assuming it isn't already. The car itself is significantly lightened. No heater, or radio. Lexan in gutted and cutout doors. Fiberglass bumpers and hood. Trunk mount battery. Front runners on Torque Thrust wheels. Hemi 18 spline trans. All I can think of is alluminum heads
and more fiberglass parts!

-
Back