Speedo Cable Behavior

-

Darius

Darius
Reaction score
Interesting that when I changed my rim/tire size to 15" on my Dart that the speedometer seems to be a lot more acurate and it does not bounce around like it used to do. ( I don't have a tach so I can't do the math to prove anything). Before I did the change, just going with the flow on the freeway my speedometer would read 85-90mph. At 30-45mph it would bounce around to where you could not get an acurate read. Now it is smooth and seemingly more acurate. 40mph seems right and highway speeds read65-70 like they should (assuming all the other cars are not going much faster than posted limits!).
Overall increase in my tire/wheel combination was right at 1 1/2" diameter.
Sure makes me feel more comfortable.

'69 Dart 340GTS
225/60-15's on 15x7 4"pattern Ralley rims

How about this one. My duster had a speedo that was accurate to 1 mph. whenever i went by one of those radar things the speed it showed was the speed my speedo said. One day last fall I got on it and around 65 mph I heard this noise like a spring letting loose. The speedo was bouncing all over the place. When i stopped it would flutter around 10 mph and when i was moving it would read around 10-15 mph over actual speed. Then somehow over the winter the silly thing somehow fixed itself. I had even gone and bought a new dash cluster on ebay and was going to put it in. Now the darn thing acts like it did a year ago. Dead nuts accurate. Go figure. Must be all of that clean livin I've been doing all these years.

Ghost just don't live in houses you know:toothy10:

-
Back