Speedo Cable for 1984 transmission in a 1965 Dart

-

PocketAces

Reaction score
I have a 1984 transmission (998 I believe) out of a Chrysler Fifth Avenue. I want to put it into my 1965 Dart. Does anyone know what speedometer cable to use for this application?

Get one for a 67 Dart that will "screw" to the speedo head and to the transmission.
I got mine from Red Line Gauge Works.Measure, I ordered a 60'',could have been 6'' to 8'' shorter.

I think in 1977 Chrysler changed the transmission end to the style in this picture on the left. That looks like what's on my 1984 Transmission. I need a cable with that style on one end, and the 1965 speedo on the other end.

The cable I got with the trans went from the trans to the cruise control. It has a screw on collar like I need but unfortunately it's larger than the 1965 speedometer.

getimage.php

I think what I need is a threaded insert or bushing with the 65 speedometer threads on the inside, and the larger 1984 cruise control threads on the outside. That should adapt the cable I have (from the 1984 cruise control to the 1984 trans) to fit the 1965 speedometer.

-
Back