Speedometer cable / new firewall rubber grommet

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what I'm missing here..? New speedo cable and firewall grommet...How do I fit the cable end through this grommet.. ??
Way too small an opening in grommet.

20230424_200814.jpg

Why you buy a cable with it installed! Otherwise the only real option is to slit it and put it over the cable, or find a gynecologist with some spreaders...

Any chance the white plastic snap on end can come off?

If not I vote to cut it and get a bike tire inner tube repare kit and glue it back together.

I had bought a replacement grommet and the vendor suggests to place a socket through the grommet to spread it. A socket just big enough for the speedo cable head to fit through. Some dawn dish soap or lube may assist as well.

I had bought a replacement grommet and the vendor suggests to place a socket through the grommet to spread it. A socket just big enough for the speedo cable head to fit through. Some dawn dish soap or lube may assist as well.
Boil it in water for a few minutes might help as well.

Alan

Why you buy a cable with it installed! Otherwise the only real option is to slit it and put it over the cable, or find a gynecologist with some spreaders...
THIS, is the solution I'm going with.. Didn't even know they came with pre-installed grommet.

-
Back