speedometer question

-

rustytoolss

Reaction score
The 2 things that spin around the center disc of the speedo head have a magnetic force. I think I've got some metal chips in there (don't ask) . Would using a larger more powerful magnet pull out the chips/ or would it damage the speedo head ???????

I would try to clean it off by sliding a piece of masking tape or something else with some adhesive in there to see if it might grab onto the chips..... I don't think a magnet will do anything at all. Once it gets close or touches the metal, the magnetic properties will transfer to the existing magnet and your ships probably will not move at all.

I have had some of these get rust in the bell before and always swapped them out with another unit. I wonder how EVAPORUST would work on these if you could emerse it without damaging the other components and then get a soft brush on it.

I would try to clean it off by sliding a piece of masking tape or something else with some adhesive in there to see if it might grab onto the chips..... I don't think a magnet will do anything at all. Once it gets close or touches the metal, the magnetic properties will transfer to the existing magnet and your ships probably will not move at all.

I got some metal chips in it when I had the speedo on the bench, and was grinding on something else. DUH!

Good idea about the masking tape, I'll try that. Thanks

-
Back