Spent a beautiful Saturday Grinding and Stripping Paint Off Doors

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
What a long day!!! Spent all day sanding, wire wheeling, stripping and cleaning down the two Dart Sport doors I got for Free!!!! Doors are in good condition with very minimal rust. But boy they were a ***** to strip down to bare metal. There must have been 6 coats of paint on these doors and they have been sitting out under my carport for over a year. There was a huge hornet's nest inside the drivers side door near the mirror. Got that out and tore these doors down and stripped them. Now I will treat them with rust inhibitor and smooth them out and prime and wet sand them tomorrow and put em away inside my back storage until I get ready to do the swap out. I already ordered replacement door seals. I am really not much of a body guy but these doors cleaned up really nice. I will snap a couple pics tomorrow. It was too dark to take pics and I needed a shower to get all the paint dust and dirt and crap off of me. Glad it's done though, one more small step in the winter restoration and body work I have planned.

Here are a few Pics. I painted these Doors on Monday. Not to bad considering it was the first time I attempted to do body work and paint. Doors still need some buffing and they should be good to go after that. I have other pics but am too tired to upload them from the camera tonight. I will post em up this weekend.

Attachments

• 110210 001.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 110210 002.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 110210 003.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 110210 008.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 89
-
Back