Spider gears

-

Swinging 69

Reaction score
Removed spider gears from my 489. They came out with shim's just fine. Can't get the replacement spiders with the shim's on back in , It's to tight of a fit. Why?

No idea, but if I ever have a tough time getting parts to fit together, I put that's too big in the freezer to shrink it down a little bit.

where did you find replacement spider gears for the open carrier --- as far as i know there are NO replacement spider gears or side gears available for the 8-3/4 open carrier or 69 and up sure grip units --- were the spiders out of another 8-3/4 open carrier,,, if so they should fit with no issues .just install the thrust washer on the gears and rotate them into the case .

where did you find replacement spider gears for the open carrier --- as far as i know there are NO replacement spider gears or side gears available for the 8-3/4 open carrier or 69 and up sure grip units --- were the spiders out of another 8-3/4 open carrier,,, if so they should fit with no issues .just install the thrust washer on the gears and rotate them into the case .
They came out of another one, that's why I'm confused about it.

-
Back