Spindles- looking for new ones

-
Reaction score
I'm rebuilding the front end of my 65 Barracuda. I'm been trying to find spindles and hubs for it.
Does anyone know of a place where they can be purchased?
Thanks in advance for any help in this.

I'm rebuilding the front end of my 65 Barracuda. I'm been trying to find spindles and hubs for it.

What are you looking for? 10 in drum? Disc brakes? Original small bolt pattern?

If you need spindles then right now is the time to choose what brakes you want. You can have anything from stock to giant rotors. If you want used you can place a wanted on this site or if you want new I would highly recommend Dr. Diff. Its hard to beat his prices and if you give him a call he can give you a bunch of pros/cons of any system to make sure you are happy.... Great service and great company

If you need spindles then right now is the time to choose what brakes you want. You can have anything from stock to giant rotors. If you want used you can place a wanted on this site or if you want new I would highly recommend Dr. Diff. Its hard to beat his prices and if you give him a call he can give you a bunch of pros/cons of any system to make sure you are happy.... Great service and great company
I'm going to keep it original. But I will give him a call today. Thank you for the info.
5 x 4.00 Bolt Circle Are your spindles ruined?

Just old, 55 years old.
Not sure if they would be reliable. I'm replacing everything but the drag-link. They want 600 for a replacement. Just bring careful.

Spindles and hubs are usually not a replacement item if taken care of. Some new stuff is not as good as original stuff. If you are spending that much, you might want to consider an upgrade to 10" drums or disc brakes.

The best place to start would be a wanted thread here. There's a lot of parts cars out there and helpful members.

Then I will use the ones I have. Didn't know if they were a standard replacement part or not. I want it to be as original as I can. Thank you for your time, Gary.

About the only time you need to replace a spindle is accident damage or if the surface the wheel bearing sits on is worn due to age or having a wheel bearing fail and wear down the surface the inner race sits on. Same issue with the hubs and having the surface where the outer race goes get damaged. But you really should replace the single master cylinder with a dual master for safety reasons.

-
Back