[WANTED] Spindles Needed 14" For A-Body

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed one of those cheap china disk brake conversions on my 71 Demon. It was a small bolt pattern 14" wheel setup. Are those the spindles you need? Do you have a pic of the caliper bracket in your kit and the spacing measurement? It would help to determine what you need.
The SSBC instructions do not have any measurements. I will go with the larger spindles, so I can mount 14" wheels on the front. I'll 14s in the back, too.

You said you need 4" or 4.5" spacing, what do you need to check?
I need to check the spacing on the new rotors. I guess I really don't need to check the size of my drums, since I am going to need the larger spindles.

I have a pair of the A body spindles with 10" Drums
Rust Free and nIce $175 plus the ride.
I have been offered a pair for the cost of shipping. If that does not work out for some reason, I'll contact you. Thanks for the offer.

Yes. Or a sleeve. Probably better off with large ball joint upper control arms though.
I am going to buy some new upper & lower control arms from QA1 or a less expensive set out of the Classic Ind. catalogue. I noticed there are many different sets in there around page 394.

The SSBC instructions do not have any measurements. I will go with the larger spindles, so I can mount 14" wheels on the front. I'll 14s in the back, too.[/QUOTE]

Here are some measurements from SSBC website.

E973698B-98F6-45FB-97E5-E148D095B7EC.jpeg

The SSBC instructions do not have any measurements. I will go with the larger spindles, so I can mount 14" wheels on the front. I'll 14s in the back, too.

Here are some measurements from SSBC website.

View attachment 1715908629[/QUOTE]

Ohh. I measured my drums and they are 9". I will need the larger ones, as I suspected. Thanks to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back