spintech

-

nasty69

Reaction score
anyone had an experience(good or bad) with spintech mufflers? i liked the throaty sound of them. bought a set of sportsman pros for my 69 valiant with a mp crate 360 and was wondering some opinions

I have the Sportsman Street XL (3333XL) ready to go in myself.

Will have them up and running within the next week or so behind a 340 Xhead, LD340 intake, mild performance cam (specs unknown), TTi early a-body headers (1 5/8 primaries step up to 1 3/4 primaries with 3" collectors) to 2 1/2 x-pipe, with pipes exiting at rear bumper.

I'm hoping they sound good without being too noisy. I expect that I'll be pressing the "go" pedal a lot and it would be good to not be too noisy while having fun in my daily driver.

I have a set of 3" Sportsman XL's on my 521ci Ford and I love them... They are built very tough. They're a bit noisier than i expected (sounds great though) and they don't have the annoying drone inside the car that many performance mufflers do. I'm really glad I ditched my Flowmasters for Spintechs and I plan to put a set on my Cuda when the time comes.

Mr Man - are you running a H or X pipe with your 521? Dumping at the axle or exiting out the back?

Sound Clip - As soon as I get it up and running I'll post

65 Dart: I'm running 3" high-flow cats, an X-pipe, and exiting out the back. It sounds pretty deep at idle and really roars when you want it to. Their website has a lot of youtube links of sound clips (if you click on one, it links you to 15 more). My Sportsman XL's sound a lot like the white Mustang LX on their web site, only deeper.

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spintech/spintechindex.asp

I'm running Spintechs on the Duster, 3 inch to an x-pipe with no tailpipes, and they are freaking loud.
When I say loud, I mean loud. Like the Judge told me to 'quiet that car down' loud.

I would have run Spintech's myself but I have one shitty neighbor and the full tti setup made it easier than getting it hung at a muffler shop. Have heard really good things about them. Have not heard them myself but was told they are pretty loouuuud from a distributor who uses them.

I tried them on my 440 with 3" pipes and they were too loud for me. Now I`m running 4 mufflers though. If you like it loud then they`re okay, and as someone else mentioned , they didn`t produce the drone like the Flowmasters I had did.

First impressions - I just got mine up and running on the road last night. They are louder than I thought they would be. I will get a sound clip as soon as i can.

My mopar buddies LOVE the sound. My neighbors are going to hate me at 6 in the morning. It sounds very cool idling...none of the flowmaster raspyness when you rev it up though. Not stealth for sure. Already had a ricer use his turbo blow-off valve to let me know that he thought I was competition.

On the highway at 65-75 there there seemed to be a slight warbling drone...right about the sweet spot for torque 3000 - 3500 RPM. When you get on it, it sings and sounds great, but everyone will know that I have stepped on the "go" button.

I don't have any dynomat-style insulation yet, just carpet. I will have to live with them a little bit, but I suspect I'll have to put something in front of the spintechs to quiet them down for highway cruise.

My combo
  • 340 w/ X heads
  • LD340 intake
  • "medium" purple cam (specs unknown - came with the engine- suspect it is [email protected] w/ 4.84 lift)
  • 727 trans
  • 3.23 gear
  • tti early-a headers w/ 3' collectors
  • custom 2.5" with x-pipe
  • Spintech XL3333
  • exhaust exits out back

Anyone have a good suggestion for something to put in front of the spintechs that 1) flows well, 2) is compact in diameter and 3) doesn't have fiberglass packing to get cooked/blown out..???? I"m all "ears"

Thanks,

Doug

Try putting a resonator after the muffler to quelch the drone.

I have been mulling over buying new mufflers for a long time. A friend of mine put spintech oval 4 inch pro-shootouts. There behind a 900hp 540, All I can say is there loud!!.

I just can't decide if there is anything to be gained???

On the amx, it has a set of 1 7/8 tubes, flowmaster "4-2-1" 3 1/2 collectors, 3 1/2 to 3 inch dr.gas X-pipe into 3 inch flow tech "terminator" mufflers and turn downs before the rear axle.

The whole package isn't very long something like 5 feet. I don't much about the mufflers I have except there cheap. I have been eyeballing the Pro-streets or the pro shootouts?? Is there any thing to be gained at the track?? with new spintechs?? Thats what I can't figure out.

I have SpinTech Pro Streets on my '95 Caprice. They are VERY small, and brutally loud without cats in front of them. With X-pipe and cats, they sound REALLY good. (i know this won't be an issue on our early iron..) I plan to put SpinTechs on my Valiant behind the 273.

I have spintech sportsman xl's on my Duster. I wanted something different then all the flowmaster guys. It sounds good and when I put the x-pipe in toned the interior noise down a good bit.

My only issue is after 2yrs somehting is coming aprt in the left muffler and it rattles like a loose baffle. I e-mailed spintech to see if they'll do anything otherwise I'll need to replace it soon.

-
Back