Splash Shield Seal Question

-

1969383S

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
69 Barracuda

Probably a stupid question but...

Does the upper triangular seal on the metal splash shield clip on from the wheel well side or the door side. Seems I did not take a picture or notate that.

The seals are semitrical right to left and seemingly could install from either side. If installed on the rear side it is obvious that they would need to clipped in after the metal shield is bolted up.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

69 Barracuda

Probably a stupid question but...

Does the upper triangular seal on the metal splash shield clip on from the wheel well side or the door side. Seems I did not take a picture or notate that.

The seals are semitrical right to left and seemingly could install from either side. If installed on the rear side it is obvious that they would need to clipped in after the metal shield is bolted up.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

I can't say for the 69's but on the 63-66 darts the rubber seal goes towards the wheel when you install the splash shields, so it bends out and doesn't allow dirt or other stuff to enter the sealed off areas of the splash shield sort of like the main seal does for oil.

I can't say for the 69's but on the 63-66 darts the rubber seal goes towards the wheel when you install the splash shields, so it bends out and doesn't allow dirt or other stuff to enter the sealed off areas of the splash shield sort of like the main seal does for oil.

Thanks,

After looking it at it some more it would seem they would install from the front least that is how I ended up installing them.

-
Back