Status
Not open for further replies.

burdar

Owen's Dad
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
68 Dart...the rubber weather stripping that clips to the outer part of the metal fender splash shields. Who sells this seal? I've looked at Herb's, Layson's and Year One and can't find it.

I saw a post last week where a set of splash shields were being sold with new weather stripping. The OP said he bought the seals from Year One but I don't see them listed. Thanks

Try here:

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/Catalog-PDF.html

Give them a call, it looks like they have splash shield seals on Pg 53 of the catalog. Page 53, part number FFRV005, 2 pieces, 67-69 A Body for 20 bucks.

You can click on the catalog, it does take a minute to download depending on your connection speed.

Like I said CALL them and be sure it's what you need.

Detroit Muscle Technologies.

67-69 Dart Mega Splash Shield Kit.
ADA6769SS90 $60.00 (AUTO TRANS)
ADA6769SS91 $49.00 (MANUAL TRANS)

Yep,that's where I bought mine and they fit nice and Loretta on feebay is also DMT

Does anyone have a picture of how/where the starter shield mounts? I don't see it on my car and it's an auto. The wheel wells are covered in undercoating still. Did that shield get undercoated and is just hidden now?

The hinge splash covers get undercoated after attachment. The k frame splash shields don't.

There is a starter shield listed in the deluxe kit. I have the headlight rubber pieces as well as the rubber pieces that attach to the top of the metal splash shields. I don't see a rubber starter shield. I'm wondering if it's just covered in undercoating and is hidden.

Starter shield mounts to the bottom of the frame with 3 bolts. The tie rod sleeve runs through the space where the splash has a u type opening.

Most folks probably trashed it long ago.

Bought one E-Bay for my restoration.

My Challenger shield is plastic and bolts to the bottom of the frame just like you described. The one I'm talking about is listed as a "starter/auto linkage splash shield". It's rubber and is stapled to the car.

This is the starter shield in the attached pic. It is attached to a metal piece that bolts to the frame behind the rear k-frame bolt.

The K frame shields are hard plastic and rivet to the frame member between the k-member bolts.

I have the k member shields but not the starter shield. It looks like the rubber piece is stapled to the metal starter shield that I'm missing. Thanks for the picture. It needs to be labeled better in the catalogue. The way it's written, I thought the rubber went on the car itself.

Yes it is stapled and they are included the kit.

By the way only auto trans cars have the starter shield. Hence the price difference in the two kits.

The web site could use some tweaking as you have to search the catalog for the full offerings!!

What years did they start adding this option? I have been a 67-71 a body guy and never had this on any 67-9 I've parted out and all were auto's. I parted out a mid 70's that had a plastic 1.

The picture in post #14 is a 69 notch that was very original and the owner was quite nice to let me take photos of every inch of the car. In fact he wanted me to take anything loose I desired if I needed to get better pics.

So at a minimum 69 Auto equipped cars had the metal starter shield with rubber attached piece. My 69 383s has the 3 holes on the underside of the frame for it but was not there when I got the car in 84.

Like said in a previous post I think most had been tossed long ago.

I'm going to check the holes for thread marks. If the car originally had one, the holes will show signs of a screw being there.

I've parted and owned quite a few 67 & 8 valiants and they never had them or the holes. It may have been a 69+ thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back