Sport mirrors

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between the A-body sport mirrors and E-body sport mirrors? The pics I have, they look very much the same. Do they mount at a different angle or something?

Jack

they are the same as far as i can tell , but the angle of the post that mounts them are way different. the e body mirrors are angled sharply and the a body mirrors are much straighter.......

I guess that means they won't sit on the door properly and would look odd. I was thinking of putting them on my Demon.

Thanks 7demon2

Jack

if you look around you can find them on ebay or in some yards. if you don't want to restore them though you can get new ones from laysons. they are $pricey though. about $750.00 for the set. here is the link
http://www.laysons.com/

speaking of sport mirrors....I'm looking for a decent drivers side one for a 1973 Dart Sport. Peppering and/or some small pits would probably be okay.....just a nice driver quality one. If you have one for sale, please let me know.

[email protected]
Neil.

Hey guys, add me to the wish list. I would like some of the painted ones to go with the body color of my son's '74 Dart Sport.
icon10.gif

Jerry

Okay, so found me one on ebay...where else?

Can someone please tell me exactly where on the drivers door it should mount? I need measurements, let's say from the front of the door to the front of the mirror post or something like that. Thanks!

Can someone please provide me with exact measurements of where the sport mirror should be located on the door? How far from the front edge of the door to the screw hole or front of the mirror? Thanks.

Neil.

I just got the drivers side one on ebay for big bucks, well not too bad really, $112. It's a little pitted but good enough for daily driver duty.

The car currently has some aftermarket plastic junk on it, and rather than reuse those holes I thought it might be nice to place them exactly where they're supposed to go.

Hey Neil I will try to measure the holes on saturday. I hope it will help, We left the orginal holes in the top of the door when priming it hoping to replace the mirrors. Paddock has some for $154.95 part #2299521 hope this helps.I will post measurments :wav:
www.paddockparts.com

Thanks a bunch okiecuda, hope you can help with some exact measurements.

Paddock 2299521 appears to be an early A/B-body mirror, not the right kind for '73 Dart Sport.

I think they do have one, but it's $449.95! No thanks! The ebay special I got will do fine.

Again, can anyone please tell me exactly where the sport mirrors are located on the door of a Duster/Demon/Dart Sport? Measurements from the front of the door and/or from the edge of the window or whatever. A photo that you draw on with photshop or something would be ideal.

How far from the front edge of the door does the screw go? Whatever information you can supply will help. Thanks.

Neil.

I've got the mirror off my '76 Duster parts car, so I can measure it for you.
So, no luck finding any reasonably priced aftermarket sport mirrors, huh? I've been holding off on buying the ones you typically find on EBay, because I also think they are over-priced. Problem is... I have no other resources (salvage yards) close to me to ever expect to run across any. I really would like to get some (and a rear go-wing) for my son's Dart Sport, but I need to feed my family first.
icon12.gif

I'll get you those measurements,
Jerry

This has turned into quite the thread. I understand that most of you would want to stay MOPAR all the way and that "these sport" mirrors either chrome/black are very hard to come by.(like pistol grips) I even kinda thought for a "moment" a person would have to be very $$$ or on drugs to buy a set for 700.00 US. Please, don't rip me a "new" ars hole on this one (It's only my opinion). I picked up a set of a "standard production" sport mirrors for about 50.00 pr. They fit right in without a problem. Yes their not the highest qual, and no one's ever knocked them. (At least yet or until now). Just thought I would let you know. Here's a pic of what they look like.

Now don't pick at me too bad on this one :notworth:

DSCF0005 (Small).JPG

DSCF0006 (Small).JPG

69signetv8 said:
This has turned into quite the thread. I understand that most of you would want to stay MOPAR all the way and that "these sport" mirrors either chrome/black are very hard to come by.(like pistol grips) I even kinda thought for a "moment" a person would have to be very $$$ or on drugs to buy a set for 700.00 US. Please, don't rip me a "new" ars hole on this one (It's only my opinion). I picked up a set of a "standard production" sport mirrors for about 50.00 pr. They fit right in without a problem. Yes their not the highest qual, and no one's ever knocked them. (At least yet or until now). Just thought I would let you know. Here's a pic of what they look like.

Now don't pick at me too bad on this one :notworth:
been there done that. i have had 2 sets of those mirrors. they do work. they are alot cheaper than factory. they are ok for what they are. the base on these are alittle longer than factory rallye mirrors. consequently the holes won't match up to the factory rallyes. i am replaceing mine now with correct rallye mirrors ,so i am forced to weld up the holes someone drilled in the door to put these on. :sad2: i guess if it is what you want go for it.....

I managed to get a set from a guy in Florida at a reasonable price, (driver quality chrome). The only thing that is missing is the interior door panel trim plate for the remote control. I got them over at BBD. It seems to me that Mark Nixon had a pair for sale also. The price wasn't bad either. You also might want to check on Moparts, I see them there quite often.

Jack

image.asp

Let's try this. I know the pic is a little dark, but I think you get the idea where the holes are located. Here are the dimensions taken from the rounded "point" on the leading edge of the door top.

The first hole is 5/16" dia. and its center is 15-3/8" from front of door.
The second hole is 13/16" dia. and its center is 16-1/4" from front of door.
The third hole is made by the sheet metal screw that holds down the base.

The best thing to do is find the location from these dimensions and then take accurate measurements from your actual mirror base. The first hole is for a through-bolt with nut inside door. The second is for the remote cables to pass through (assuming yours is remote).

Let me know if this is not clear to you.

Jerry

p.s. I haven't figured out how to get the pics to show up on this board.

-
Back