Spot Weld Drill?

-
I'm using one from harbor freight. I paid $6 for it and it is identical to the one offered by Eastwood part #11279 at $19.99. Just use it in a standard or cordless drill. There are others out there that would last alot longer I'm sure. Plus it depends on how you use it to, as the reviews on eastwood's site all say it strips the teeth fast on less than a dozen holes and not worth the shipping. While I'm still on the same side of it and have done over two dozen.

p22655.jpg

You may try these guys http://www.blairequipment.com/ I bought one of their cutters, I think it was about $16.99 and incredibly sharp. The downside is the fact that they`re so sharp it makes them brittle. I slipped on one spot weld I was drilling and broke a tooth on the blade but I flipped it over and finished out the quarter panel without any more incident. The key is to accurately locate the spot welds and start each hole with a good awl to make a pilot mark.

Blair Rotobroach... there isn't a substitute for this piece of equipment.

I've chopped up so many cars using one and it's a great tool. The kit with multiple sizes of cutters runs about $60 and worth every penny.

-
Back