Spotted 2 65 Darts

-

dartcuda

Mopar Or No Car
Reaction score
I spotted 2 65 darts sitting in a driveway. One a 4door which looked like it was being used for parts for the 2 door. I went and talked to the guy who owns them. Now the 2 door is in real nice shpe. He said he was using the other for parts but had just about taken all he needed of of it. Ok, so I asked him how much he wanted for it after he was done. Now, there really isn't much left that is good. The candy canes are trashed, d/fender is dented, no hood, grill is dented. Some rust holes in the bottom of the deck lid. anyway, he said he would take $300 for it. I just don't understand why people think their junk is worth that much. I wouldn't of gave him more than $50 and that would only be if the floors were good.

dartcuda said:
I spotted 2 65 darts sitting in a driveway. One a 4door which looked like it was being used for parts for the 2 door. I went and talked to the guy who owns them. Now the 2 door is in real nice shpe. He said he was using the other for parts but had just about taken all he needed of of it. Ok, so I asked him how much he wanted for it after he was done. Now, there really isn't much left that is good. The candy canes are trashed, d/fender is dented, no hood, grill is dented. Some rust holes in the bottom of the deck lid. anyway, he said he would take $300 for it. I just don't understand why people think their junk is worth that much. I wouldn't of gave him more than $50 and that would only be if the floors were good.

LOL same old story; Anything You have is worth $10.
anything I have is worth $300.. especially if I am trying to sell it. :(

{he prob paid $300. for the car delivered,and wants every penny back}

What are candy canes???

cavemanmoron said:
LOL same old story; Anything You have is worth $10.
anything I have is worth $300.. especially if I am trying to sell it. :(

{he prob paid $300. for the car delivered,and wants every penny back}

What are candy canes???

This is true. I think he said he paid $500 for it. I think that was too much for what parts were any good. Heck I paid $50 for a 66 Dart 4 door that ran, and has allotof parts i will use on my 66. I was just hoping to fine some parts for my 65 Vert. The candy cains are the chome trim that goes under the grill and up around the headlights. They are shaped like a cain.

I think all of you are correct Buy/Sale, Junk or not. That dude is trying to score "some" coin back one way or another. The body will more then likely just sit around his yard and rust until he get's sick of looking at it. Then he will have to pay or give it to a wrecker to take off his hands. Agian, there's always something or a part someone maybe want's on it (for the same reason) you asked about it. I was "once" very luckly with a 73 duster wrecker car . All I needed was the dash....the guy said 75.00, but you can have the whole car for 100.00. (Good dude,) Grabbed just about everything and left him the shell. I would have given the guy my phone number, he may have a change of heart.

-
Back