Spraying Primer

-

bob7four

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a decent hand held airless spray gun that would handle basic filler primer?

This one

Screenshot_20220618-143905_Chrome.jpg

Rolling was a fab back in the day. May still be viable process
On complete panels if air is not available. It didn’t work well on spot work.

I've done it with ncp270 back in the day with no problems. Just did it to see how it worked. Other than some excessive texture it was not a problem. You can dust a bit of blending reducer over the top of it to assist with the texture. Eastwood makes a roll on primer for this purpose. I've never used it so no idea how it works.

Airless Sprayers are for spraying house paint on houses, interiors and exteriors. Like when they use an airless sprayer to spray drywall primer on bare drywall, then they back roll it with a roller to leave a uniform finish to accept the next coat of paint when it dries.

The airless sprayers also work good to paint the popcorn ceiling textures white.

I've done it with ncp270 back in the day with no problems. Just did it to see how it worked. Other than some excessive texture it was not a problem. You can dust a bit of blending reducer over the top of it to assist with the texture. Eastwood makes a roll on primer for this purpose. I've never used it so no idea how it works.
Thats a good idea with the blending reducer. Could use a good quality pump sprayer.

Airless Sprayers are for spraying house paint on houses, interiors and exteriors. Like when they use an airless sprayer to spray drywall primer on bare drywall, then they back roll it with a roller to leave a uniform finish to accept the next coat of paint when it dries.

The airless sprayers also work good to paint the popcorn ceiling textures white.
I’ve painted a lot of equipment with a Graco airless. It does a fine job.

-
Back