Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Lucas

63 valiant signet convertable 200
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm trying to find a new spring and retaining clip that goes on the master cylinder push rod. This is located between the master cylinder and the brake peddle. Dorman and Raybestos both sell new cylinders with these parts, but do not sell these parts individually. I've rebuilt the cylinder that I have, but there is no kit did not come with these parts.
upload_2018-4-17_10-13-5.png

Don't know that you need this spring as internal spring returns the pedal and later models do not have. If you must have, then any spring that fits will work.

I'm Just trying to keep it OEM as possible, except for wheel and tires. I just feel that these companies should sell all of the parts they show. I'd even buy a old one if it's in good shape. Mine was rusted and broken.

I too am trying to do a "correct" restoration. If indeed this is an original feature, I recommend frequenting local rebuilders who might have some new/used parts. Major rebuilders, the corner auto parts store does not sell these parts. In the end, be prepared to make some compromises in your build.

Check with a rebuilder for small parts. You might have to make your own retainer until you can find the right part.

I will have to look but think the spring and clip from the single pot master cylinder from the 65 Barracuda I’m parting out should be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back