Spring arch, is this normal?

-
Bought mine from Mancini. XHD's giving me a great stance and ride. Been good at the track on street night and reasonable to buy.

Ill keep that in mind thanks! I have 1.12 front torsion bars with bilsteins. Im going for a more modern handling type feel so I will have to find something that matches that.

Here is a current photo as of yesterday, its probably a bit lower than average and in my opinion maybe about .5-1" too low in the back (aesthetically anyway). I like the look of a bit of rake. I also want it to handle well, hence the thick 1.12 firm feel bars up front. I also have front sway from them, tubular UCAs, bilsteins and plan on adding a rear sway bar maybe in the future.

View attachment 1715022622
Frankly Dude, I think Your car looks badass as is, the rocker looks pretty much parallel to the ground, & the car should work well that way......especially braking. Just My 2cents.

IMO, the springs in the photos are shot. Assuming that there is nothing in the trunk but a spare tire and changing equipment, the 'S' bend in the forward part of the spring is not normal. For canyon carving, suggest maybe a /6 rear spring from McVeigh or Detroit Eaton. A softer rear spring will yield a more compliant ride and reduce understeer a little. The drawback to this setup is it may be more easily provoked into "axle tramp" when launching hard from a stop.
Picture is of Mordor with a 5 leaf McVeigh spring, stock arch. Car wears 205/60-15 tires. Note position of wheel center relative to bottom of panel under the back door for comparison purposes.

IMG_5050nrr.JPG

Ill keep that in mind thanks! I have 1.12 front torsion bars with bilsteins. Im going for a more modern handling type feel so I will have to find something that matches that.

Here is a current photo as of yesterday, its probably a bit lower than average and in my opinion maybe about .5-1" too low in the back (aesthetically anyway). I like the look of a bit of rake. I also want it to handle well, hence the thick 1.12 firm feel bars up front. I also have front sway from them, tubular UCAs, bilsteins and plan on adding a rear sway bar maybe in the future.

View attachment 1715022622
oh snap - NICE CAR!!!!

-
Back