Spring debate

-

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
Well it's getting time to get a set of springs under the car since the rear end will be back any time now, and was wondering what your guys thoughts were on rear springs.

I had thought about going with the SS springs, giving it that "old school" pick up and go at the track, along with a decent every day ride if need.

On the other hand, going the mono-leaf route with Cal-Tracs had crossed my mind, but I can't seem to get pricing on this route.

I'd like to say money isn't an object, but I'd be lying if I said that. I have found the SS springs for 230 for the pair. What is pricing like on the Cal Tracs and a mono-leaf set up?

Any info is good info fellas.

Thanks again,
Dustin

$600 - $700 for the caltracs and their monoleafs. If you're gonna make a ton of power its probably the way to go, But since money IS an object, try to be brutally honest with yourself. If you'll need them, go that way first instead of wasting money on SS leafs. Don't get me wrong, SS leafs have worked for quite a lot of fast cars, but the caltracs seem to be winning a lot of people over.

QuarterHorse said:
Probably seeing 550rwhp with the current set up on the jug, 375-390 off the jug. Anythoughts after knowing this?

Still the same answer..... Calvert Racings mono spring and Caltracs.

www.calvertracing.com

Calvert Racing just sent me a brochure and the mono springs are $298 and the caltrac's are $339. I've already gone the route of SS springs set up by BLE and they didn't help my problem of breaking loose and going sideways during every shift. I bought a pinion snubber but haven't installed it because I've decided on going with the Calvert racing setup. Most if not all advice has been to run these with Rancho RS 9000 shocks with one side of the shocks set two or 3 clicks softer on one side.

I have very little clearance between the tire and the SS springs on my car and really don't have any space to put the extra clamps neccessary to help SS springs work with the pinion snubber, so thats another factor in my selection. Some people that have used the extra clamps have said that they creep and are hard to keep in place anyway.

Gotcha, I'm in the process of a mini-tub and stuffing 325's under there, but it would seem the mono-leaf and cal-trac is the way to go.

-
Back