Spring Pressures. Solid roller lifter on a hyd roller cam.

-
Reman Trans ASM $2500
Exchange case
Use customers tail shaft housing
Includes
A&A Valve body fwd pattern full manual
Large pump
billet input and hub
A&A Direct
A&A 5 pinion front planet & hub full brg
A&A 3 pinion R planet full brg with hub
727 HP
Bolt in rear ultra sprag/billet steel rear support full brg... SMR Specialty Parts
2"alto red line rigid band
alto red line frictions
alto black steels
sonnax super hold front servo
sonnax zero leak accum
sonnax rear servo
4.2:1 apply lever
deep sump pan
flex plate
plug kit
Easy access line pressure adjust
dust shield 42.90
freight for 2" alto red rigid band 22.00
hex bolts 9.53
trans fluid 91.00
1qt castrol transmax full syn atf 16.00
Pre reman trans diagnosis 141.00
remove and replace transmission 564.00
total 3682.67
the rest was the converter bought locally from a fellow racer/TCS employee I know in Langley BC from Mission Raceway BC.
I had my 518 gone through in my 4x4 pickup truck ...all the updates, Billet this Billet that, new main valve, shift kit aka psi upped speed sensor will stack more than likely if you dont do a CPU chip or reprogram , new planetary Etc all this stuff... because I greneaded the old one, in and out of the truck $2,950 w/convertor and deep derale tubed pan. I thought that was high.

Seems like it costs more than it should to build a strip 727 these days.. holy christ

what year 518 M O
I have an early 3 wire Smaller dia shaft)with Diesel Planateries Diesel # of clutches half inch cooler lines with big cooler with 1/2 in and out. shaft opened up etc 250 k no more problems
if late with larger dia shaft then 47 guts and keep those thrust washers cool
do not believe in tubed cooler drill out the case for larger fittings and open up the oil passages

what year 518 M O
I have an early 3 wire Smaller dia shaft)with Diesel Planateries Diesel # of clutches half inch cooler lines with big cooler with 1/2 in and out. shaft opened up etc 250 k no more problems
if late with larger dia shaft then 47 guts and keep those thrust washers cool
do not believe in tubed cooler drill out the case for larger fittings and open up the oil passages
It's a '96. Works bitchin now. Pull a trailer or bed of gravel.

great trans when built right but yours is the later version
we might be oftopic -sorry OP

Yup, that one is still sitting in the corner with a screwed up deck.

I thought you had an issue with something like that. I hate it when guys get screwed like you have been. It ruins the hobby. And it burns through cash for no reason. I just hate that.

1.625 IIRC. I also ran some springs that were 1.650. Those went in at 2.100 as I screwed up. I should have stayed at 2.000 but thought I'd get more lift than I did.
Mandatory spring cups for any X head, j still hanging off the spring seats barely with a comp 917 1.55 spring. Those are [email protected]/[email protected] or .700 566 rate...I stick them in around 1.78.
W2 is different of course, but the production pass car heads are all different spring seat OD...x heads are oval on most and vary 1.4195 -1.450, machine them down for some spring and seals and the some get 1.560 at the oval.. j heads got bigger..still kinda ovaled seats..1.525
Then the rockers, the push rods like you said...move the rocker , grind the rocker and use fatter pushrods and now the p.r holes in the head need opened up.
I like to avoid that if I can.
1.62 springs ...you could say ,would be another reason to buy some trick flows. Better rocker placement, fit more spring, more room.. just plain better everywhere.

-
Back