spring rates

-

tobysoldblue

tobysoldblue
Reaction score
I have noticed over the last 4 months that most darts like mine,that havent been restored,have sagging rear springs.Ive looked at a bunch of dusters,and 2 dart sports in the junk yard for a 8.25,or 8.75 rear,and none of them seem to be saggy in the rear.Are there different rear spring rates from body styles in the a body line.I know the torsion bars have different rates depending on what engine is installed.Also,are the jcwhitney rear springs any good.If they sit my car too high,i dont mind lowering blocks,i just want the stiff performance handeling of some better springs

I have yet to see an A-body with factory leaves that wasn't all saggy ( in a yard). keep in mine the ones in the yards have no gas in the tanks and probably no spare tire either, or they are sooo rusted out that the back end is a lot lighter than it used to be. :lol: Mine seem to be ok with absolutely nothing in the trunk but add a jack, tool box and a spare and watch the sparks fly...
ok, As I recall there were only 2 diff kinds of suspension available back then. STD and 5 leaf HD, Guys correct me if I'm wrong. These days you can call and have some custom arched and rated, so the only limit is your imagination.

i bought the jcw springs and am happy with them. the car sits right and the price was right. they seem to have deals on shipping quite often.
if you do order them, double check the front mount bolt size. there are 2 different sizes

i bought the jcw springs and am happy with them. the car sits right and the price was right. they seem to have deals on shipping quite often.
if you do order them, double check the front mount bolt size. there are 2 different sizes

Did you get 5 leaf or 6 leaf springs? If 5 leaf, standard or heavy duty?

ok, As I recall there were only 2 diff kinds of suspension available back then. STD and 5 leaf HD, Guys correct me if I'm wrong. These days you can call and have some custom arched and rated, so the only limit is your imagination.

Don't know if it was across all the lines but the 67-69 Barracuda's had 6 leaves with the heavy duty suspension.

betty, how long ago did you order the springs. I got mine from JCW about 9 months ago (std they said they no longer had the HD ones) and they sent me springs off a M-body with oval front bushing....then argued with me about having modified my car....

betty, how long ago did you order the springs. I got mine from JCW about 9 months ago (std they said they no longer had the HD ones) and they sent me springs off a M-body with oval front bushing....then argued with me about having modified my car....

its been a little over a year ago

I have a '64 GT with 5 leafs, a '69 /6 Dart with 5 leafs, and a '69 340 Swinger with 6 leafs.

-
Back