Spring relocation kit?

-

mopars

Reaction score
hey guys
I"m curious if one kit is better then the another kit for example mopar one vs summits and so on? I"m also curious on doing this relocation how much are am i going to gain? What is the biggest tire i should get with out it sticking out of the wheel wells?
thanks

I just run the offset shackle and spring mount kit, which you can do in a day on my 72 swinger and I run 10.50x 28 mickey thompsons on 8" rims

I just run the offset shackle and spring mount kit, which you can do in a day on my 72 swinger and I run 10.50x 28 mickey thompsons on 8" rims

dart is that al bolt on stuff? where dod you get it and how much?

JAson

Yes its all bolt in, no welding and easy to do. Just so i wouldn't have a problem with alignment, I did one side at a time

I got mine from dodge dealer, I think the cost was about 200-250 total

i was able to run noting bigger then a 255 on my 72 Dart,i did the full relo kit from summit an its the mopar kit summit gives u.Now i can fut a 29x13.50 out back with room for more with the right offset rim!

MIKEY

So heres a question.At what point do you need to tub an A body?I havent seen anyone mention this as part of relocating springs.

Tubing the car is dependent on the tire size. I have the springs move in on my Valiant and have the stock tubs in the car because I only run a 28 x 9 x 15 slick. The 9" slick fits in the stock tub fine so I left them in the car. I believe that a 10.5 tire will be about the limit of a stock tub.

Chuck

I just ordered my relocation kit from bill at THE CAR FARM. These are shaped to match your frame unlike the mopar performance ones. Kit is about $119 or so. I cut out my wheel tubs and should be able to fit 325 50 15 in there. I have some 12" slicks that look like they will fit. Why would you do the relacation and not the wheel tubs? jared

Because you can get a 10.5 tire in a stock tub but not if the leafs are in the stock location. For that matter it is difficult to get a 9" tire in without moving the springs on an early A.

Chuck

I just ordered my relocation kit from bill at THE CAR FARM. These are shaped to match your frame unlike the mopar performance ones. Kit is about $119 or so. I cut out my wheel tubs and should be able to fit 325 50 15 in there. I have some 12" slicks that look like they will fit. Why would you do the relacation and not the wheel tubs? jared
WHERE IS THE CAR FARM LOCATED ? IM IN CALIFORNIA . THANKS JOHN

I have Installed one of the new weld in brackets and It looks a lot better than other kits. The "Car Farm" Kit is a good kit and is a lot cheaper than any other. Bill is easy to deal with also.. Found it a moparts.com. Jared

If you dont have plans to mini tub then just get the offset shackle kit from Mopar Performance. It will move the springs enough to allow you to use the entire wheal well. Usuallyu about a 26 or 28 X 10" tire. If you use the weld in kit you wont gain any extra over the offset shackles without mini tubbing it.

This is very true, but...
If you dont have plans to mini tub then just get the offset shackle kit from Mopar Performance. It will move the springs enough to allow you to use the entire wheal well. Usuallyu about a 26 or 28 X 10" tire. If you use the weld in kit you wont gain any extra over the offset shackles without mini tubbing it.
...you don't leave any 'upgrade' room.

When I did the spring relocation on my Valiant, I bought one of the spring kits I now sell - ended up selling the car (poverty sucks!) before it got the wheelwells done.

But having the 'whole meal deal' on spring relocation was a plus when I went to sell it, because it left the upgrade path wide open. At least as wide as between the rails and the quarters...

It's also going to be a plus when I buy it back this spring. Man, I've missed that car.

Hi Jared, love to see some pics!

WHERE IS THE CAR FARM LOCATED ? IM IN CALIFORNIA . THANKS JOHN
Mountlake Terrace. Just a little bit on the other side of Seattle. Of course, I'm not any further than a few keystrokes away.

bill @ thecarfarm.com (gotta' remove the spaces... hate those spam bots!)
206-718-BILL

-bill

hey Bill, Kit is great! I have one side cut out and trying to find the time to weld in. I will send some picks when I get a little farther. The rear shackles are in just working on the front! Jared

Don't know if this helps but these are pics. of my Scamp when i moved the springs in and mini-tubbed.I mini-tubbed mostly do to rot of the wheelhouses.

287764351.jpg

287764348.jpg

287764350.jpg

I put the mopar kit under my duster which moved the leaf springs in 3" Same front box as EvilScamp has in his pic

I run 15x12 centerlines with 7 1/4" offset on N50-15's M/T

The only thing I wish I would have done was cut the stock wheel well and add metal to the center and used the stock inner welded to the frame. This is because I am wanting to leave the stock rear seat in it,but as of now it hits the new metal tub I welded in.

car and ped 009 (Medium).jpg

hey Bill, Kit is great! I have one side cut out and trying to find the time to weld in. I will send some picks when I get a little farther. The rear shackles are in just working on the front! Jared
Jared, I'm glad to hear you're pleased and that things are going well.

Looking forward to pics!

-bill

You had to weld new spring perches on.

Chuck

I was wondering how in the world can you use the offset kit without moving the perches in?

Chuck in the real world if I get the offset kit do you know for sure if I have to weld in new perches? I'm trying to fit a 275/60/15 tire under the rear. I plan on using a 15 X 8 with 5.5" back spacing. Adam had a cuda with 15X8.5" with 4-7/8" back spacing but the Weld Prostar only comes in 15X8 so I'm going with the 5.5" back spacing. Think that is going to work?

ANYONE?

-
Back