Spring relocation question

-

g49bridges

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need help. I've put the 3'' spring relocation kit on my 74 duster and ss springs. Everything went fine until I set it back on the ground. The rear shackles are angled to the rear so much that the top of the spring is actually sitting on the frame. Are the springs too long, or is there something I'm overlooking???

Hey guys, I need help. I've put the 3'' spring relocation kit on my 74 duster and ss springs. Everything went fine until I set it back on the ground. The rear shackles are angled to the rear so much that the top of the spring is actually sitting on the frame. Are the springs too long, or is there something I'm overlooking???
sounds like b or e body springs ??

B and E-body SS springs are the same length as A-body SS springs, they use extended hangers. Only the spring rate changes, and the ones for really heavy cars have more leafs. I have a set of 3400 lb SS springs holding up the rear axle of my '71 Dart right now, they came from my challenger. And fit both fine actually, proper shackle angle on both. Too stiff for the dart by a long shot, but I needed to get it to back to roller status and had them laying around ( too stiff and too high of a ride height on the challenger too!).

How did you locate the spring eyes when you did the relocation? What's the part # on the SS springs? Did you install longer shocks?

Last edited:
-
Back