Spring relocation

-

sb3854

Reaction score
I want to relocate the springs on my '67 Valiant. I've been locking for instructions so I have an idea what is involved. Most of what I've read doesn't sound to good. Any idea where I should look for instruction before I jump in. Also I've a noticed a difference in prices of the kits. are the more expensive kits worth the extra money? Thanks, any info will be appreciated.

PST had a kit on e-bay for 89.00 bucks. Not much to it really....but if you need instruction maybe you should get someone with some fab skills. Not to be a jerk about it but you don't want to mess it up. It's pretty easy, bout a 6 hour job the first time I done one. Check out the one the dude on www.bigblockdart.com did. It should get you started.

I agree, the big block dart sight has a good walk through of this mod. I used it for my 69 dart and had never seen it done before.

old Mopar chassis manual. No "kits" available in the old days.You fab youself.

When I did this I found a few good DIY threads (IIRC on the big block dart site) and went from there. The kits are cheaper than getting boxes made up at a local shop. I bought the Mancini kit. Its not hard just a bit of measuring, cutting adn welding. There is an option to cut out both sides of each frame rail for the box or just one.

The big block dart tech pages are down.

Make sure the boxes are square before installing.

The RMS kit looks pretty good for the money. With the holes already drilled that's one less place to mess up.

I appreciate the info. Never have done them before and prefer to be cautious when starting something new.

What size tires do you plan on running? You can stuff some really big ones under the back with only the offset shackles and front hangers. They don't require hacking up your framerails. I had a 28/11.50 /15 ET street under my 65 Valiant using that kit and SS springs.

Don't know what I'll end up with but I want as much room as possible. For now it's a mild 440 but as I get it sorted out it will get crazy. Maybe a 665 RB stroker or hemi.

Looks like Bill got the tech pages back up. great resource.

I used the BBD tech pages for info. Great help, thanks to everyone for the info. I ended up using an RMS kit. I liked the idea of having the holes for the front mount drilled already. Less chance to screw it up. Thanks again.

-
Back