spring relocation

-
Just thought of something else. Did they come with matching shackles? They must have. Silly me :BangHead:. Someone explain to me why they use studs, other than mass production time saving. It's not like you can't get a wrench on the bolt heads.

Hmm. Set these front mounts up to the side of the frame just to check bolt hole alignment. Just a bit off. Wondering if these are for an a body. Need to get a hold of oldmanmopar to see what he thinks.

IMG_4618.JPG

IMG_4616.JPG

LThey don't look like anything Dr Diff has for any Mopar or Mancini. How do the studs line up with the old hangers? Is the whole mechanism off by that 1/2 hole on both sides? Looks like it's worse at the top than it is at the bottom too. BFH to the frame horn. Gently. Well it could be bowed a bit.

Last edited:
How thick are your guys' relocation boxes? I'm getting ready to make a couple myself and have some 3/16" plate on hand. Is that overkill?

I went off the torsion bar cross member. Thought I read off here that it's the straightest thing under there. Then I bought some round bar stock the size of the spring bolt hole , ran it between both weld in pieces. measured across everything, welded them in and then cut the bar out. finished off with welding the sliders on the back of the frame rail.

View attachment 1715059832
That sounds like a great idea.....how far did you have to shim it?

Shim it ? I think I used the original brackets also for the bar position ... been a while since I did this

-
Back