Spring slider mounting

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
I am doing my rear next week and I would like to find out the best way to center up the spring sliders on the rear from anyone who has experience! Thank you

I am not familiar with the term "spring sliders"...
C

I followed the advice here

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=6141863

I raised the car by the frame to where the tires just lifted and there was a little bit of clearance to the forward end of the slot. As far as centering side to side on the frame, when the PO installed the front spring boxes for the spring relocate he centered the boxes in the rail and that's how I installed the sliders. I squared them to the frame rail and spaced them evenly on each side of the rail. It must have worked as they do move freely. Hope I helped you some. Good luck.

Awesome so with springs installed, it should help center the sliders. I saw the tack and lower method

Something else I just thought of, I used the afco sliders, the aluminum bushing that goes into the leaf spring eye was too large on the OD. I did have to have them turned down to 7/8 as they come with 1".

Something else I just thought of, I used the afco sliders, the aluminum bushing that goes into the leaf spring eye was too large on the OD. I did have to have them turned down to 7/8 as they come with 1".

Ohh... Intresting, i wonder if they are all like that? I will be swaping springs soon,
Is it possible to run stock busnings or no?

I'm running SS springs, as far as I know A bodies from factory use a 7/8 bushing. I don't know about some of the other after market spring companies. Mine have the aluminum bushing that goes into the spring eye, then another spacer that extends past the slot so the roller bearing ID slides over it and then the thru bolt. There are also two large washers that go between the slider frame and the spring eye. I don't know about using the stock bushings. They may flex too much and be too thick to allow the slider to operate properly, but I'm not positive on that. So not much help. What brand of slider do you have? Because I believe most are set up for the B and E bodies which use a 1" bushing.

Mine are afco were like 85 each with roller bearings for chrysler springs

Mine are afco were like 85 each with roller bearings for chrysler springs

I've got the same set of sliders. They have a 1" bushing, although they're a little undersized. They'll work but not quite as tight a fit as I'd like. If your springs have a 7/8" rear eye you'll need to have them turned down, or use something else for a bushing.

Thanks! So what do i do when i switch leafs? Take bushing out and put in new springs or?

-
Back