springs lopsided

-
i told him that he had them on the wrong side, but since his name is MICHEAL JACKSON--hehe. and being hard headed that he is, didn't want 2 listen 2 me when i told him that he had them on the wrong side. 2 much ink must have make it's way 2 his brain n caused him 2 have dain bramage.

@Trapster - Yeah, just ran out of daylight yesterday, so will get that cranked down next Saturday, after I drop in the drive shaft and recharge the battery.

@ 65 Cuda - you know, after knowing me for 15 years, you could at least spell my name right.

Old drag trick,was to adjust the front end with you in the drivers seat.

Always adjust the ride height before alignment.

Also,always loosen the lower control arm nut (where it goes through the k-frame) before adjusting the height. After adjusting the height,put the car on the ground,bounce it,then tighten the nut.
If you dont you will rip the control arm bushing out.

Just found out from the Alignment shop that the LCA and strut rod bushings are shot. I guess that explains why the tires go like this / \ when it is being driven. The tires are like this | | when it sits still. I guess I know how my weekend is going to go.....

Price difference between the SS and the XHD is over $100 a side. More Cost effective to get the extra leaf added to the lower one.

How can that be when you can get the MP XHD ones for barely over $100 each new? (Maybe more like around $150 each is normal). Or are you talking about different ones? I just paid around $250/pair for my Hotchkiss springs even.

Probably taken care of by now anyway... EDIT: yeah, just read whole thread, nice to see it's fixed... don't mind me!

No worries - I think the ones that were over 200 each were the OEM ones. But my SS springs are on the correct sides now, and just have to finish off the front end......that is if my wife doesn't gut me like a fish first.

-
Back