SQUARE BASE LOWER CONTROL/UPPER CONTROL ARM BUMP STOPS oem

-

OtownMissile

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with the LCA and the UCA bump stops. The universals only have a stud that goes into the rubber, so it eventually turns the rubber as you tighten it. The OEM Bump stops have a square base, just like a bumper bolt, so you can torque it in there correctly. PST suspension used to make them, but no longer. I cannot find the OEM ones with the square base anywhere.
Need the larger ones for LCAs and the little ones for the UCAs.

What other suspension companies out there specialize in Mopar?

Moog K3180 Lower
Moog K7293 Upper
Nope. No square base.
Unless they posted an incorrect pic.

moog lca.JPG

The OEM Bump stops have a square base, just like a bumper bolt, so you can torque it in there correctly.

If you strike-out locally (USA vendors), perhaps check-out Wasp suspension parts out of Australia, as the upper bump stops I'm going to be using have the square base:
IMG_4672.JPG

However, the lowers don't seem to have this:
IMG_4674.JPG

IMG_4675.JPG

Full disclosure: The Australian A-body I'm working on is not my car, but it came with a full front-end rebuild kit, all in boxes, in the trunk. I don't know how old the kit is/was, and the vehicle owner isn't available, but maybe they are still available this way Down Under.

Good luck.

Jim

Last edited:
If you strike-out locally (USA vendors), perhaps check-out Wasp suspension parts out of Australia, as the upper bump stops I'm going to be using have the square base:
View attachment 1716136366

However, the lowers don't seem to have this:
View attachment 1716136368

View attachment 1716136369

Full disclosure: The Australian A-body I'm working on is not my car, but it came with a full front-end rebuild kit, all in boxes, in the trunk. I don't know how old the kit is/was, and the vehicle owner isn't available, but maybe they are still available this way Down Under.

Good luck.

Jim
For some reason, no one seems to produce the square base lowers, even Moog.

that WASP stuff from Oz is current. probanly made in china but the aussies sem to be quite good at getting decent quality out of that country. the parts over there are often double the cost you would pay in US so somone somewhere is making a bit more $$$ and putting in potentially a bit more QC .

ac delco 45g5002 upper bumpstop has square bit

1973 DODGE DART 5.2L 318cid V8 Bump Stop | RockAuto

not seen a lower with square part. not sure the lowers need to be torqued too tight, they just need to stay in the right place with the right orientation i.e some tension to pull the base rubber into contact with the metal. just do up the nut, short spanner tight. Or clean out the treads with thinners and a die if need be, they are sometimes gummy and full of crap. Plain nut and spikey or split washer, or mild thread locker works ok instead of the nylock. Overly stiff nylock and crap in the threads might cause a problem. just run the nylock down a different bolt a few times its locking-ness will be compromised somewhat but hey..makes little odds here.

uppers appear have the square section on most shown in images on rock auto, should have no problem with installing them. getting the things off is the bit that casues more of an issue. when rusted that square bit rounds off, and the mole grips are needed or tack weld a bar to the square head onc the rubber snaps off provides heat to get nut undone and leverage.

Dave

Last edited:
-
Back