Squeaking/clicking hub caps.

-

Wally-T

64 Signet
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to make the squeaks and clicks from my hub caps go away. They're full caps on 13" wheels. I installed them properly with a rubber mallet but they don't care!!!
I did notice that after a hard right corner the front left got totally quiet for the next few blocks but then came back, nice while it lasted. I'm not sure if grease is a safe way to go, they probably wouldn't spin off but...
So, any ideas
Thanks, Wally

air your tires up to the max 35 psi then recheck I've had the wheels flexing causing caps squeak also a little heavy grease on the lip can help

Are they hub caps or wheel covers? Sounds like they are full wheel covers. Take some electrical tape and run around the circumference of the hooks that hold the covers on and do it several layers thick. This will act as insulation and make the squeak go away.

Are they hub caps or wheel covers? Sounds like they are full wheel covers. Take some electrical tape and run around the circumference of the hooks that hold the covers on and do it several layers thick. This will act as insulation and make the squeak go away.
I was waiting for someone to differentiate the difference between hub caps and wheel covers. I get tired of being "that guy" but damn. Lets get it right.

-
Back