Squirrels and woodchucks

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever see a squirrel chase a woodchuck?

We just saw one chasing a woodchuck across the backyard. Maybe he was after his nuts?

No, but those darn squirrels are getting in my apples already. There are still small and hard WTH. Need to get me an air pellet rifle!

22 rifle, squirrel be gone.

It could be that easy! 30 round clips but the neighbors are to close for the 22! A nice single pump air rifle like pops has would do the job much safer! Guess I need to invite up for a week!

sqirrels? ever see one eat up all the under hood wiring on a Ford ( yes ford) pickup. not mine, but it cost them $1200 for them to get it replaced. 410 gets them. shot maybe 30 or so so far this spring.

get yourself a cat
i woke up to find one dead mouse and one dead chipmunk on my back porch this morning...courtesy of the cat

on a side note, i got a henry lever action .22 for fatherday day and that seems to keep the little rodents away

I use a Have-a-Heart trap with an ear of dried corn for bait. I actually trap about one a day. But I don't have a heart...I execute them with .22 rat shot and throw them over the fence. Destructive little bastards girdle my tree limbs, destroy my tomato plants, eat the dog/cat food, you name it...

I use a Have-a-Heart trap with an ear of dried corn for bait. I actually trap about one a day. But I don't have a heart...I execute them with .22 rat shot and throw them over the fence. Destructive little bastards girdle my tree limbs, destroy my tomato plants, eat the dog/cat food, you name it...

i wonder what the neighbors think of those dead tree rats coming over the fence?

Some of them have a taste for rubber brake hoses. I had a friend that had his rear hose chewed off two different times.

get yourself a cat
i woke up to find one dead mouse and one dead chipmunk on my back porch this morning...courtesy of the cat

on a side note, i got a henry lever action .22 for fatherday day and that seems to keep the little rodents away

I hate cats! They pee (Spray) everywhere. I will shoot them just the same as tree rats. I am just sorry my 13 year old dotty will not act a real hound Dog and chase them away! Air riffle is coming.

Some of them have a taste for rubber brake hoses. I had a friend that had his rear hose chewed off two different times.
Anyone got a sure fire way to get rid of moles and gophers? I have tried poison pellets, piss down their holes, dog crap down their holes flooding w/ water (runs too long). Smoke bombs, all to no avail. bastards! MY BLACKTOP UNDER ONE OF MY CARPORTS HAS ACTULLY FELL ABOUT 3/4" DUE TO THEM TUNNELLING UNDER IT! LITTLE BASTARDS , I hatem!

A case of beer and all your other suggestions! When th SOB pops it head smack it with you shovel!

I hate cats! They pee (Spray) everywhere. I will shoot them just the same as tree rats. I am just sorry my 13 year old dotty will not act a real hound Dog and chase them away! Air riffle is coming.

tomcats maybe, i never noticed our females do it
then again, they got plenty of room outside to roam and spray so that may be a factor

Any cats! Even if female they attract Toms! The damn things drive my 14 year old dotty nuts. And the poor guy is fixed! Why don't cat owners treat there pets like I do my dog? They let them roam with no care, that's why I will shot em just like tree rats!

good question

we sit in 2.5 acres, and ive been told thats only half of what a normal cat considers its territory

Anyone got a sure fire way to get rid of moles and gophers? I have tried poison pellets, piss down their holes, dog crap down their holes flooding w/ water (runs too long). Smoke bombs, all to no avail. bastards! MY BLACKTOP UNDER ONE OF MY CARPORTS HAS ACTULLY FELL ABOUT 3/4" DUE TO THEM TUNNELLING UNDER IT! LITTLE BASTARDS , I hatem!
I spent one whole summer while in high school poisoning gophers for a local farmer/rancher. I drove the fields and stopped where there were mounds. don't dig up the mound; they will just scurry. I used a hoe handle to probe the ground around the mound. When my hoe hit the underground tunnel, I could feel it go through. That's where I poured the poisoned grain. As far as I know, it did the trick.

I spent one whole summer while in high school poisoning gophers for a local farmer/rancher. I drove the fields and stopped where there were mounds. don't dig up the mound; they will just scurry. I used a hoe handle to probe the ground around the mound. When my hoe hit the underground tunnel, I could feel it go through. That's where I poured the poisoned grain. As far as I know, it did the trick.
------------------------
what brand or kind of poison grain?

-
Back