srp pistons

-

mopardart44067

Reaction score
I got some srp 213458 in a trade the guy said they were for 496 stroker.I got the crank to.but number comes up as stock stroke piston?

I got some srp 213458 in a trade the guy said they were for 496 stroker.I got the crank to.but number comes up as stock stroke piston?

Block Bore Stroke CID Block Bore Stroke CID
Original Block 4.06 3.375 350 Raised Block 4.18" 3.75" 413
4.12" 3.375" 361 4.25" 3.75" 426
4.25" 3.375" 383 4.32" 3.75" 440
4.34" 3.375" 400 4.03 3.75 383
And part number specifications......
4032 low expansion high silicon aluminum alloy, heat treated to SRP specifications. Forced Pin Oiler for increased wrist pin lubrication. Pin fitting and double spiro locks included. CNC Machined ring grooves accept 1/16, 1/16, 3/16 rings (Rings Sold Separately) 1.094 x 2.930 x .150 straight wall wrist pin included (170 grams). .990 x 2.930 x .150 straight wall wrist pin included (150 grams). Redesigned valve pockets for larger valves and high-lift cams. Standard bore 4.320,

Compression Ratio with 72cc Heads 11.4
Compression Ratio with 80cc Heads 10.5
Additional Information
SKU SRP-213458
Manufacturer SRP
Vehicle Make Chrysler BB
Bore Size 4.375
Wrist Pin Size 0.990
Piston Material 4032 Forged
Compression Height 2.062
Piston Ring Size 1/16 1/16 3/16
Piston Type Flat Top
Rod Length 6.768
Crankshaft Stroke 3.750
List price No

ok, here goes. add half the stroke to the pistons compression height then add the length the the rod. take the deck height of the block. if the block is longer then the total length of the rod, piston and half the stroke it will fit in the block. if it's longer it won't fit in, it will stick out of the block. to find compression height you will need a dial caliper. measure from the top of the piston to the top of the piston pin hole. measure the diameter of the pin. divide the in half. add that to the first measurement. that is your compression height. a 496 engine has a 4.19" stroke, divide that in half. add the compression distance. take the deck height distance and subtracting that answer will give you the rod length needed to use your srp pistons and crank.

With a compression hight of 2.062 I would say no, stock stroke only

yes William, I just wanted to go through the math for him. maybe a "B" rod will work for him. with open chamber heads you can have the piston proud of the deck by about .100" + or -. that will make for some serious compression!

yes William, I just wanted to go through the math for him. maybe a "B" rod will work for him. with open chamber heads you can have the piston proud of the deck by about .100" + or -. that will make for some serious compression!

That may work ,if it does you also have to cosider crank to piston clearance and how close the top ring get to the deck.

Im new to mopar strokers I happend to score these parts in a trade.the crank that came with it says its 4.125 stroke.I guess ill se if I can trade for the right pistons they r brand new in box.It came with ported 516 heads I will eventually buy some indy aluminium heads for it.I wouldnt mind having to use race gas but wouldnt mind avoiding it.

Im new to mopar strokers I happend to score these parts in a trade.the crank that came with it says its 4.125 stroke.I guess ill se if I can trade for the right pistons they r brand new in box.It came with ported 516 heads I will eventually buy some indy aluminium heads for it.I wouldnt mind having to use race gas but wouldnt mind avoiding it.

Step one: find a machinist, pay him a couple bucks to measure EVERYTHING. (Any local machinist you trust?). This needs to be done carefully, if you aren't educated here.). Motivation for learning ,would help here ,big time. The local community college gave me hands on knowledge, that was priceless. For a pittance of money & time,you could possibly learn to build an engine correctly. I did,and much more.....

Lawrence Machine hanford.just need hime to measure stroke on crank.no hurry just need to find out what I got.then go from there.if its a stroker like he told me ill need some srp213459.hopfully they work ewith the 6.800 rods.

-
Back