SRT-10 Ram Owners

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Anybody own a SRT Ram out there? In particular the regular cabs since they are the 6 speeds. What are your thoughts of the trucks, any pros or cons of daily driving other then the gas? Just wandering.

I drove one for two weeks while fun in the beginning it gets old havin to keep shifting the gears. If I went to own one, I'd go for the quad cab to get the auto one.

Great truck,you just have to like to shift it is like a old muscle car,feels like a old muscle car,I think the 6 speed gets better mileage then the quad cabs,I have a 04 normal mods including 5.13 gears in the rear,vs the 4.10s,tires are 31 inches high so in my opinon the 4.10s suck,lot of clutch problems with that gear,gear ratio was just to high for that tall of a tire,they went to 4.56s in 05 helped some,with the 5.13s at 80mph Iam around 1800-1900 rpms in 6th gear,so although 5.13 s seem to low of a gear it works really well,but again you have like to shift.
I have a few cars do not drive any of them much,My truck has a little over 3000 miles,so it is like new,I like keeping them that way,maybe stupid but we all have our quirks.
My 2cents

Great truck,you just have to like to shift it is like a old muscle car,feels like a old muscle car,I think the 6 speed gets better mileage then the quad cabs,I have a 04 normal mods including 5.13 gears in the rear,vs the 4.10s,tires are 31 inches high so in my opinon the 4.10s suck,lot of clutch problems with that gear,gear ratio was just to high for that tall of a tire,they went to 4.56s in 05 helped some,with the 5.13s at 80mph Iam around 1800-1900 rpms in 6th gear,so although 5.13 s seem to low of a gear it works really well,but again you have like to shift.
I have a few cars do not drive any of them much,My truck has a little over 3000 miles,so it is like new,I like keeping them that way,maybe stupid but we all have our quirks.
My 2cents

I like your style!

I like your style!

Me too!

When I bought my srt4 back in 05 I got to attend the SRT Track Experience. All of the attendees got to drive the entire SRT lineup. I also got to go for a ride with a pro driver in a 6 speed viper truck. All I can say is WOW! That dude made that truck do things I never would have thought a 5000lb truck could do. I was impressed to say the least. If I personally were to buy one, I would have to get the standard cab 6 speed hands down. I would buy the quad cab auto for my mother to drive.

My boss bought one at an insurance auction. Belonged to a big time drug dealer in louisiana who wrecked it. Hes owned a couple vipers and srt rams and he said their fun at first but they get old because of insurance cost and parts cost when their daily driven things wear out like normal and those parts arent cheap lol. Also his is an 06 i believe and says "hennesey viper 600" in silver letters so idk if its a special edition srt or not. He told me even with factory traction bars and 22" wheels he still camt get them to hook up lol cant wait to finish this one so i can drive it!

my brother has one ( the first year they came out, reg. cab 6-speed).

When I drove it, he told me to stop. Then he told me to dump the clutch at about 5 grand. I obeyed.
I expected the thing to light the tires up, but it just launched. Hard, obviously.Surprised me. I was also surprised at how well it handled.

The only negative I can think of (for him anyways) is the price of the rear tires:D

if you look halfway up the left side of this pic, there it is under cover
IMG_0672.jpg

My boss bought one at an insurance auction. Belonged to a big time drug dealer in louisiana who wrecked it. Hes owned a couple vipers and srt rams and he said their fun at first but they get old because of insurance cost and parts cost when their daily driven things wear out like normal and those parts arent cheap lol. Also his is an 06 i believe and says "hennesey viper 600" in silver letters so idk if its a special edition srt or not. He told me even with factory traction bars and 22" wheels he still camt get them to hook up lol cant wait to finish this one so i can drive it!
A Hennesey Venom 600 is a Srt built by Hennesy Performance so it's not factory.

thats what i was thinking but i didnt know enough about them to tell. i wasnt sure if maybe dodge got together with hennessey to make the srt10's and it was a common thing or not. knowing this now id say he got a score then! lol its an 06 hennessey srt10 ram shortwide with the sweet factory 22's

The usually but less than 1,000 of each.

-
Back