SRT4 Neon owners

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a Neon SRT 4 owners ? I looked at them a few years ago before I bought my truck, They were still pretty pricey. Looks like they have come down a lot in price no and Im thinking of picking one up to replace my Ram.

I heard they get 30mpg if you can keep yourself from spooling the turbo every chance you get.

Anything to look out for other then poorly modified cars ? Insurance looks a bit pricey but the better gas mileage you be a huge difference for me.

my budfdy has one. hes an idiot every chance i talked to him hes broken sumthing. well finally yesturday it was -4 outside and he was doing burouts and shot a rod straight through. i dont know if there poorly made stock or what. but he was being an idiot he treats his car like crap goes off roading with it and everything

Why buy the Neon...the SRT4's are still pricey (around 11 grand for 2004 model) and you can pick up a fairly new (2008) Caliber srt4 for under 18 grand easy.

Neon's only had 200+ hp
I have a stock SRT4 Burr that has 285 at the wheels and it's stock with a Borla exhaust system.

The Burr is more refined as far as technology goes and way more aggressive looking.

The Neon is kinda egg shaped and old looking.

I have a black one for sale with 21K miles....still under warranty and in awesome shape. 17 grand.

Because there's a $7000 difference in price and I never liked the caliber.

You have to drive one to love it.....and 7 grand gets you WAYYYY more power.

You could never get that turtle neon to run like the Burr for 7G's and if you did the motor would grenade before you made the 1/8th mile marker.

Sorry but sometimes its worth more money to get something better.

Alternately, for 7 grand less than the neon you could get a Cricket.....they get about 25 mpg and have a robust 70 hp mill.8)

Either or....they both snap when you hit the boost:cheers:

Good luck finding one.....most if not all of the cheap ones are trashed.

I know....that's why I got the Burr instead and I am very happy that I did.....it is way worth it.

Go drive one.....see for yourself.

They do not compare....one is quick but the other is deadly.

Why buy the Neon...the SRT4's are still pricey (around 11 grand for 2004 model) and you can pick up a fairly new (2008) Caliber srt4 for under 18 grand easy.

They're cheaper than that......just look on Craigslist. Just try to find an unmodified one, though....

Neon's only had 200+ hp
I have a stock SRT4 Burr that has 285 at the wheels and it's stock with a Borla exhaust system.

Neon SRT-4's have 230 HP at the wheels......and Calibers are a fair amount heavier than the Neon SRT-4.....check the 1/4 mi times....they're slower too....AND with a 6-speed.

The Burr is more refined as far as technology goes and way more aggressive looking.

The Neon is kinda egg shaped and old looking.

Well, I've YET to find someone who likes the looks of the Caliber.....

I have a black one for sale with 21K miles....still under warranty and in awesome shape. 17 grand.

How many Caliber SRT-4's has anyone actually seen on the road?.......thank you.....what does that tell you? I wanted to buy a white '06 ACR.....but they all had side air bags and sunroofs.....and it was too late in the year to order one. Chrysler HAD to know they blew it when they got rid of the Neon-based SRT-4's.......at least, that's my opinion......and quite a few of those on the SRT-4 forum boards too.

I gave my mint '04 black one to my 18 Y.O. son.....it's bone stock and mint. The only drawback I ever saw was that the fuel tank is too small. Over 50K miles and no problems.

i know a few owners of srt4 and are very happy with it , the caliber is just ugly ..drove it and its still ugly

I have an 08 r/t awd I bought brand new love it 26 mpg.....no turbo who cares...it has 33 grand and no problems at all....full leather, roof full tint...auto start...

If by ugly you mean aggressive and edgy than she is ugly........just know that ugly girls need love too.

I mean, why else would anyone by a neon?:happy10:

A.I.F.

P.S. I LOVE the look of the Caliber SRT4. And I know many other who do.

Seems like the people I have met that liked the Neon's were all girls...hmmmmm I wonder why? Maybe cause that egg shaped car looks like a package of leggs pantyhose?

Like I said....All In Fun.

I have to back to work now#-o......good luck with your quest for a nice Neon...I mean it.

Mop

Also.....The reason I would like to sell mine is because I would like to get a NEW one......blue and stripped down.

See.....I do Love them....Black is just a beech to keep clean.

Yup, Chicks dig the Neon. Enjoy the sausage fest you'll get with the caliber.

A.I.F.

New year special....
2008 Burr SRT4
$16.5K
20K miles
Adult owned.
Runs like a striped *** ape.
Black crystal pearl paint.
One tiny dent in door from door ding...simple paintless repair.
Still under warranty
BRAND new tires.
Always garaged......

Have fun with it.

100_2993w.jpg

Hmm....the only sausage that ever get's in this car is mine....ask my wife.

If your looking for a car to pick up chicks with your already in trouble.

Save your money....a nice dinner and a movie is a better way to score with a chick than baiting with a Whale finned Neon or any car for that matter.

Gudluk

All ready have a wife so picking up chicks is probably a bad idea. If I buy the caliber she'll want to take it shopping all the time. The neon is to small for that. The neon will also solve my problem of having a vehicle to haul everone else purchases around in.

Im just not at all interested in the Caliber which is out of my price range anyways.

Every few years a car comes along that is simply so ugly people don't want it……..

This time around it was the Caliber.

I really don't care, how fast, how great, how good the mpgs are, or any of the other things about it….

Even if it was rated the greatest car in the Universe as voted by the intergalactic auto press……. I wouldn't even give it a test drive.

Ugly is ugly.

I think the correct statement would be "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

My eyes are just fine...

Im just not at all interested in the Caliber which is out of my price range anyways.[/quote]

That is an honest answer...and respected for being so.

No time for me to read all the posts here. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of funnies about this car :0) Anyway, I LOVE my SRT4! Handles great, fast, great gas milage (when my foots not in it) and basically it's just a great all around car. I would stay away from the overly modded cars though. Most people I know (myself included) only did a couple add ons like the computer, cold air intake and blow off valve. That's just easy stuff to change and cheap hp. Stick to the 05's if you can. They have the LSD from the factory that is a big plus when doing some "aggressive" driving.

Good Luck in your search. They're out there. Have fun!

I bought my 05 srt4 acr new in june of 05. I LOVE this car. Its true, you can get 30mpg out of them if you keep your foot out of it. With that said, I've only hit 30mpg once. Its usually more like 27-28, but part of the ACR package was a shorter tire compared to the standard SRT 205 series bicycle tires and Im sure that is holding me back. $11k will get you a really nice car these days. There is a local kid here that had his 03 SRT for sale for nearly 1.5yrs, and he just settled for $6500 to make it go away. I would shy away from an 03, unless its a screaming deal, as they had an open diff. The 04-05's had a Quaiffe LSD and they work great. If I can help any other way, please let me know.

How many Caliber SRT-4's has anyone actually seen on the road?.......thank you.....what does that tell you? I wanted to buy a white '06 ACR.....but they all had side air bags and sunroofs.....and it was too late in the year to order one.

like this one???

0828081735.jpg

^^^mine

05 was the last year of production. The side air bags and sunroof were both optional. Mine has neither, and thats just the way I wanted it. I told the dealer I wanted a white ACR with no other options or the deal wasnt happening. The Stone White paint and ACR package were both half year options (sound familiar?) for 05, so the window to order one was pretty small. I got lucky and my local dealer found one at another dealer and traded a caravan for it.

momoparman, Ill run your caliber SRToaster anytime you'd like since my ugly egg-mobile is obviously inferior to your turbo SUV. I test drove one. It was fun. But mine is more fun, imho. To each their own.

No Offense to any SRT-4 owners, but from my experience the owners of these cars are funny to talk to. I've had a few people get butthurt when i called it a neon...they would insist it was simply an SRT-4. lol

Pretty badass cars though. There was a guy at my local track with a black one. He turned up the boost, ran nitrous, and the thing would do like low 11s.

I've seen 1 SRT-4 caliber at the track. Didnt seem to move as well as the neons, but i like its looks a lot better.

-
Back