[FOR SALE] SS Hemi A-body 4-speed shifter replacement handle.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

SSing

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I judge all three handles equal. These handles are not new.
Tread on #2 have some slight damage but this is when knob is almost all the way down, and I don’t want to force it the last few threads, but I´m sure this can be done. Really not an issue.
I´m quite sure the selector pin carries should not be the type I got with the newer mechanism I got from Hurst. It has to be the one shown to the right next to my A-833 trans shifter. Should not have any “notches”. The one shown needs to be plated.
I can take any additional close ups of these parts you may want to see.
Price also include used shifter mechanism, (not shown) but I thing you are better off not paying for this heavy part shipped from Sweden.
Swap this handle in to an A-833 transmission A-Body shifter.
Machine shop did a great job straightening, fixing the welds, grinding and polishing it to a point where I think nothing more needs to be done prior to chrome plating.
This I´m sure is less expensive to do in the US than here in Sweden.

For those of you who know about these SS cars I don´t need to explain the rarity of this shifter. I suppose non have been for sale for the last fifty years...
If interested I can post more pics.
Price for one stick is $775.00 (+shipping from Sweden) including carrier if needed.

Overview. One of the three handles in the middle is for sale including carrier to the right if needed.
overview.jpg

Stick is not off set and has HURST placed correct just above curve.
Stick to the left is closer to camera and appears thicker but is not.
HURST compare.jpg

Picture of original stick in Castaldo´s Dart from 1968 car magazine article
20170312_094250 Castaldo No Boot David.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back